Feature Suggestions

• Here you can suggest new features or changes to old ones.

Should market be set up in a different way? Should warehouse be shown differently? How would you like the Overview to be looking like? ..these things are just examples on what is meant to be discussed/pointed out in this thread..

• Could it be possible to give the graph in this menu, a name like 'revenue' or make it actually show 'real balance' (or more interestingly -profit/month-)?

Also would it be possible to extend the 'Balance' menu so that more graps are awailable?

It would be particularly interesting to be able to see things like:
    - A real 'Company Value' (this would be the current 'Company Value' PLUS the money spent on Research)
    - Profit records from the entire company's history
    - Revenue for every single product (and perhaps also expenses allocated to this specific product)

• Zitat

-I await an admins approval of the thread-

I've created 2 new forums for bug reports and feature requests/ideas.
    So it's approved. :)

Zitat

Could it be possible to give the graph in this menu, a name like 'revenue' or make it actually show 'real balance' (or more interestingly -profit/month-)?

I think this we can include in V1.3 till its released ;)

Zitat

- A real 'Company Value' (this would be the current 'Company Value' PLUS the money spent on Research)

In V1.3 research is a part of the 'Company Value' and will be listed in the balance-section

Detailed graphs and further financial infos may be a good beginning for V1.4, or will be included after the V1.3 release.

At the end of this month Maikel is going to tell some infos about potential features for V1.4.

"Wenn A für Erfolg steht, gilt die Formel: A = X + Y + Z.
    X ist Arbeit, Y ist Muße und Z heißt Mundhalten."
    Albert Einstein

• As I understand the simulator does not have any losses whatsoever, except the fees that are payed for selling on the market, or offering goods to other companies..

Perhaps it would be a solution to put in something like a 'decay' factor or something

I dont know how precisely, or where to include this feature, but it would make the simulator more realistic, and that is the goal of a simulator ideally :)

Let me give an example..
    In the real world, if I buy 1000 eggs, and store them in a warehouse, say we then wait 2-3 weeks and come back to the warehouse.. Then the warehouse would be smelly and all the eggs rotten (unsellable) = eggs ripe to throw out

In IT simulator.. If I buy 1000 eggs and let them stay in my warehouse for 5 years, and then decide to sell them in a grocery, the eggs would sell just as well as eggs that were right out of the hen

A decay of some sort, would definately make the simulator more realistic, and it would furthermore be an aid in making it harder to 'make a million-gazillion $', since you would have to be alert, that your goods did not rot or decay away, before they got sold in the stores..

Just an idea..

EDIT:: For clearifying reasons: When I say "example" then I mean just that: example.. I do not mean that eggs should rot every hour, if not sold.. I was simply stating a logic reason for why a 'decay-factor' would make sence, and not the way to implement it ;)
    A way to implement it could be to put a random loss on goods every hour when they stay in warehouses and/or when they get transported.. (both would seem logical, since goods does get damaged during transport in the real world, and decay and theft does also happen on stored goods)
    Hope this clears up a bit what was on my mind..

• How about buy orders?

Same as sell orders, but reverse you tell price you are willing to pay at and amount you need.

This would make market a much more efficient and at the same time make buying stuff simpler for those of us who don't have time to hang online 24/7 and wait if someone would put something up for sale.

And I don't think that this is in anyway WIN-button. It just would make game more enjoyable.

• I totally agree on that.. for those not able to look at the market 24-7 a 'you-can-sell-here'-market would be quite nice.. it would additionally even possibly relieve some of the strains on the servers/databases as well, since people wouldnt be enclined to stay online and 'refresh' the market 20 times each second, to make sure they get what they want..
    Like in "real life", there is also options to 'order' on stock exchanges, as well as 'offering' - would give a more dynamic market..

I do see a problem though, if the one 'ordering' does not have the cash needed to pay.. - that could be a possible cause for concern.. (I can come up with a couple of solutions though, so..:) )

edit:: my point exactly, a solution is pretty easy, if the 'cash' issue is the only problem with this feature ;)

• I dont see how less trafic can be bad..
    We arent talking about less playing people - we are talking about less wasted online time..
    And also, having less "refreshing" will most likely only increase the stability of the servers, and HOPEFULLY make up for some of the totally slow loadtimes there are currently

As it is now, it takes several minutes just to load one single market-screen up (of specialities like 'All raw') .. since these lists show ALL products in one category and not just the latest 25 offers..

Having 'wanted' lists could improve on the gaming experience, and would make the market seem alot more like 'reality' .. (which is what the Simulation is attempting to hit)

• joke......

u could improve thy market by setting up a second overview for the market

in this over view u would have a list sorted by name.
    there u should be able to watch how many people are offering this product.
    beside this an average price for these goods should be displayed

e.g.

Type of good Offers average price
    Wheat 12 4234
    Shoes 2 14167
    Leather 0 -

then u choose the type of good u wanna have e.g. shoes
    Shoes 50 13000
    Shoes 100 14500

------------------------------------------------------

some custom events would be nice
    e.g.
    bad weather --- bad harvest
    recession ----- less sold

and pls implement workforce
    -- imagine your whole workforce going on strike :)
    -- or for all Players: the workforce for textile industry doesnt work
    -- workforce works faster when gets higher wages...

later ill tell more ideas :)
    first i wanna hear some feedback or others opinion

Christoph

Craser GmbH

last round: 3. Alltime Highsore

:] *Signatur* :]

• Hey, further ideas on buy orders. They could be separate buildings. And there would be settings for product, price and which warehouse one wants new stuff to go.

This way tere would be cost involved in buying stuff that way. And it would hel in optimizing my supply chain.

What are your thoughts?

• It would be good if you could click on the product names/types in the warehouse. There are a few places these links could go, eg:

1) to the building/s producing that product (a filtered list of that specific type of building, eg, for cut wood, just the list of logging camps rather than all raw materials) so if you see something is being overproduced you can act on it immediately without having to go through "buildings", building type...

2) to the market, showing all that products listings on the market, so you could see very quickly whether it is worth keeping or selling the product or if it's the latter, how much to sell it for.

Either of these options would cut down on the clicks and the amount of pages needed to do these type of transactions. I already want to click on the names - seems intuitive with the rest of the design as it is.