Speed up of Market

• Could it be possible to divide the 'Raw Materials', 'Semifinished' and 'End-products' into pages of 25, instead of displaying EVERYTHING in same screen?

As it is now, it takes minutes to load for example the list of Raw Materials for sale... and it is ONLY bound to get worse, as people continue to forget their goods on the lists...

Please do something about the speed, this slow rate it has now is Killing the game .. :(

• I can only partly agree on your approach. Right: The huge list on some goods is killing the game speed. However, pagening is not a fine solution for me. If you want to get a quick overview over the market, limiting the view is IMHO not a good idea, because you can't sort on price/qualitity/...
    I would prefer another solution: Why not put an expiry value to market entries? Most goods pages get overcrowded because of senseless entries (for example if the average value of all offers is around 800 and there are around a dozen offers with more than 1600, you will see that these entries where added a long time ago). However the expiry level should be set to a generous limit: Let's say 2 weeks realtime.

What do you think about it?

• ill repeat myself again :)

just make a second market list with an overview over all sold goods, tabulted by type. There u could see wether a good is available or not, without having to use this anying comboBox in the Market. It simply takes to long to scroll through it :)

just do a overview over all goods ...

Craser GmbH

last round: 3. Alltime Highsore

:] *Signatur* :]

• Zitat

Originally posted by Craser
    ill repeat myself again :)
    just do a overview over all goods ...

You have totally missed the point, I think..
    The point is, that the long lists (of the different goods-types, eg. Raw materials, Semifinished and End-products) takes too long time to load.. Making a giant list for all goods in the 'recent 25 offers' in the market would only make the market EVEN slower, than it allready is..

We are asking for means to make the market faster to load, rather than slower..

• nah i think i didnt explain it right (sorry my englisch isnt that good) :)

i ment over all TYPES of goods

i dont want all goods in one list

i dont want this:

Good..........Amount.......Price
    shoes..........50...........14000
    wheat..........200..........XYZ
    shoes...........30..............13000
    rubber...........200...........XYZ
    wheat............100...........YZX

i want such a list (i took the numbers of the first list)

Good..........Offers.......... Amount..............Average price
    shoes............2.................50 + 30............ [(14000 * 50 + 13000 * 30)/(50+30)]
    wheat.......... 2................ 300...................... XYZ
    Oil................ 0 ................ 0 .................... --------
    rubber .......... 1 ............... 200 .................... XYZ
    whool ......... 0 ................ 0 ..................... ---------

when u see that theres a good u wanna have u klick on the name and only this good is displayed in the normal market list (like before)

Christoph

Craser GmbH

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Craser ()

• For better server performance i have maximized the market list. If on any list more than 50 entrys, the rest will not be shown.

This is only a temporary feature, because we must see, why the serverload is so high.

• The loadtime have dramaticly decreased now that you have made the lists shorter, thanks alot! :D

Only problem is, that it isnt so easy to see the prices in general.. but on the other hand, with the search-function at the bottom, the pages of 50 goods, actually increment that people (should/)would specialize, because you have to search for special goods to see what price-level is all together

Good temporarily solution! 8)

>Regarding what creser says, I think that it is not the goal of the game, to provide all that kind of statistics. It would be nice (and comfy), yes, but I think that it isnt the goal for the simulation ITycoon. I think not that ITycoon aim to provide people with 'everything they need to know' .. I think ITycoon's goal is to make people think for themselves, about what prices are good/bad for their business, and not what 'the average says'..
    - I think the 'search' function is what you are looking for. It provides you with all goods of one type, so u can look for a special good, and every offers appear of this good - its up to yourself to see if the prices are 'just right' or 'too high' =)

• ur right too many statistics arent that good

but what i wanted to have, is a list where u see wether a product is on the market or not.
    Than u dont have to use the combobox for each produkt you r searching for and this means less traffic,

Im often searching for produkts on the market
    Wood
    lumber
    oil
    whool

often they arent avaiable and so im loading an empty list (plus whole Framsets, banners, images...) from the server.

in my opinion it would save some traffic, cause if the product isnt there u dont have to look for it. :)

Christoph

btw: good work itycoon team!! server response is much better now

Craser GmbH

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Craser ()

• i would make a market that is more organized not like what we have here. not particularly by how recent the product was in the market, but by abc orders. that would shorten ones time in the market a lot shorter.

I run SK Inc. pretty good for a 14 year old.

"Things I say are not complaints, but suggestions or ideas." - Peter Bae (me!)

"Don't smoke!" - some1
    "Don't smoke, please." - Peter Bae, BE NICER

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cool_pete516 ()