Producing cotton

• Every costs are given inside the building.

take a calculator and figure them out.

hint: a cotton farm produces 12 units per year, so it produces 1 per month.

MfG Basti (Ausweisnr. 1051)

IT2: Zets Warenhandel Verkäufer der Konzerngruppe Maxham Holding in Berlin und Hamburg
    ITSlow: Zetlan Ltd. derzeit inaktiv & ITSpeed: Zetlan Ltd. & Co. derzeit inaktiv

Ihr wollt Moderation im Chat? Ich fang dann schonmal im Forum an!

• I don't have any level 1 cotton fields, but my level 3 (16 cotton) fields, it costs me 58,080 and I receive 32 cotton every full day and. And 58080 / 32 = 1812. Way below the market price, but the downside is that it only produces 16 every 12 hours, when other buildings produce that every hour.

Now, for a level 1 fabric factory, thats 10,390 for 10 pieces of fabric. A little over a thousand each, making it approx. 3,000 for cotton to fabric.

This is slightly off though, since cotton produces all at once, you'll have warehouse costs while its being used up.

• oh sry, that was my fault. i read over the word "verify".

at level 0 it costs 2420 per unit per wu if the the farm works without interruption.

MfG Basti (Ausweisnr. 1051)

IT2: Zets Warenhandel Verkäufer der Konzerngruppe Maxham Holding in Berlin und Hamburg
    ITSlow: Zetlan Ltd. derzeit inaktiv & ITSpeed: Zetlan Ltd. & Co. derzeit inaktiv

Ihr wollt Moderation im Chat? Ich fang dann schonmal im Forum an!

• According to me one unit of cotton costs 2600 at level 0, 1995 at level 3 and 1390 at level 10.
    Here it is at level 0: for 5 months (12,1,2,3,4) only the operation cost and the salaries are taken into account. for 7 months (when the farm produces - 5,6,7,8,9,10,11) the cost per unit is also taken into account. But this cost per unit is distributed over the 7 months.

Here is the formula I used:
    This will give the average total cost per month for the farm over the 12 months.
    (5*(Operation Cost+Salaries per month) + 7*(Operation Cost+Salaries per month+(Number of produced units*Cost per 1 unit/7)))/12
    When you divide this by the number of units produced you get the price per unit.

What do you think?

• Zitat

Originally posted by ikea7788
    What do you think?

You are over-calculating? ;)

No offence, and I do think calculating costs is a good practice. However, does the couple hundred IT-coin really matter? ;)

As of the forumla, you can simplify it into [12*(Operation Cost+Salaries per month)+number of units*(cost per unit)] / 12

D,D&D SP 8)
    Both normal round & speedround

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
    --Bernard Bailey

• I use the same formula as DDD. I never verified it. To do that I'd have to investigate the farm in the growing season, and in its idle season. Then I'd have to add the costs to see if they match the formula.

If I ever go through that exercise, I'll let you know.

• Operating cost + Salaries + (Units/wu * Production cost)

To get Units/wu, take what it says you will harvest and divide by 12, keeping some decimal places for a more accurate calculation (once you are upgrading the plants). This is really the same as DDD says.

Of course these costs are only a fraction of the story. The factors of production are labor, capital and land, and only labor is accounted for above. What sort of return do you need on a building that costs 280.000 and only produces 1 unit cotton per wu? And land? Land is beyond price in IT since you can't buy any more. 8o

So a manufacturer making fabric in order to produce furry toys, for example, should probably be prepared to pay as much as 16,445 per unit of cotton (although I personally would prefer to pay rather less than that). That would give your cotton farmer a return of about 59% on his capital investment in the farm, roughly the same as for making tools. It also explains why fabric eventually becomes too valuable to sell directly to the market.

The one nice thing about cotton goods is that they tend not to become over-supplied, so a relatively new player without high quality levels won't have to worry about crashing prices of tools, tricycles, ice boxes and the like. :)