• I would like to know if it will be possible in version 1.3, to 'NOT' buy "all" of a product that is for sale on the market.

Say I am a owner of a small company, who doesnt have the kind of money to buy THAT big amount of a product, but I do need say 100 iron ore.. The way things work now, makes the market very static, there isnt much action.

As it is now, if somebody has put up say 3000 Iron Ore for sale, it is ONLY possible to buy ALL 3000 iron ore. - Will it in the next version (1.3) be possible to buy only a smaller part of this?

• No, at this time (V1.3) it's not intended to be implemented.

It's the job of the players to split up their products for selling.

In V1.3 there will be much more variety on the market (we hope), because of different product quality.

Therefore noboby may buy something with bad qualitity in large quantity.

In the further development of IT it's planned to do some more chnages in the market code, but at this time we must test the new feature before implementing other features dependent on the new ones.

"Wenn A für Erfolg steht, gilt die Formel: A = X + Y + Z.
    X ist Arbeit, Y ist Muße und Z heißt Mundhalten."
    Albert Einstein

• ..what I feared..., if it isnt changed, it will (as it is now) continue to severely limit the 'real' value of having the market. Especially since it takes 'so much' time to put goods on the market - this is (probably) what makes many people just put 'all' on the market (I know for me it takes like half or a whole minute to make just one offer on the market.. it would be insane for me to spend 10 minutes just on dividing my goods into smaller parts since the result for -me- is the same anyway)

Could it be possible to perhaps make a feature when putting goods up on the market like:
    'How many batches do you want to have your goods distributed in?'
    (and then a choice-selection allready made up: ) "1, 3, 5, 8 or 10 ?"

- I strongly believe that this will cause people to be able to better buy the amount of goods they actually need, instead of just having to buy 'everything' - it ALSO increases the chance that more than just one person will have the entire harvest from a single seller (I think I read this in the 'terms of use' that you guys (IT) want people to be less 'monopol making') - having several people able to buy your goods decrease the chance of monopols forging

• Zitat

it would be insane for me to spend 10 minutes just on dividing my goods into smaller parts since the result for -me- is the same anyway

That's one (big) part of this game, at the moment ;)

But if i tried to explain:
    While need of higher quality is very important for market shares, buying low quality products won't be in demand.
    Only non-high-level-player maybe need such products and those are not able to buy big amounts.
    Therefore i think in V1.3 you must have an eye on splitting youre products for selling on the market.
    So it won't be the same result for -you- if nobody is able to by youre big amounts ;)

We won't forget youre suggestion, but i think this "auto-split-function" is not our goal.
    It sounds like our not loved "do-everything-for-me-without-my-intervention-and-make-me-rich"-buttons :D
    Youre first suggestion was also a "german suggestion".
    We will see if Maikel is going to do it between V1.3 and V1.4.

Albert Einstein

• Zitat

.., but i think this "auto-split-function" is not our goal.

My point was that if it was 'too hard' for you guys to make it possible to buy -what you need- of an offer instead of what it is now -buy the entire offer- then maybe it was easier to implement a 'splitting choice' for the person who offers the goods.
    I particular said the different levels of splitting, so that people wouldnt be able to put up 50x wood and split the wood 50 times.. but for forexample 4000 copper a split of 10 times wouldnt be 'that bad' would it? - ofcourse the seller could still just chose 1 split (like the old times) and aim for a rich buyer who could affort all 4k at one time..
    Note that the 'auto-split-feature' was ONLY a possible solution, if the 'partial purchase' couldnt be implemented of this or that reason

Zitat

It sounds like our not loved "do-everything-for-me-without-my-intervention-and-make-me-rich"-buttons :D

You must have misunderstood me..
    I dont see how a feature, where you could chose the amount of batches you wanted your goods to be split into, would be a 'do-everything-for-me-without-my-intervention-and-make-me-rich'
    infact, as it is now, where you -have- to sell everything in ONE giant load (if you dont want to spent X hours on splitting 1000 steel into small parts) that IS 'making it easy' isnt it? (because when your goods are sold they are ALL sold.. as opposed to my split suggestion or partial-purchase suggestion, where several buyers could buy what they need, and if nobody needed precisely everything, some parts of the offer of goods would be on the market for a long time)

anyways, just wanted to make it clear that this is an attempt to make it HARDER to 'get rich quick', and not the opposite as you (and possibly) others might have gotten.. It will be interesting to see if the new version will take care of the issues that makes the game (far) too easy to get rich in, as it is now.
    (illustrated by that I have played for maybe 2 weeks now, and my company is allready far more than $100,000,000 worth)

• hihi .. with a smile on my face i see: it´s going on and on and on

@ nadija a little bit history:

in first round of this game(online) we had no limits i read you heard about - and it was easy going to be a billionär each step of research could be done just in 1 World-update that´s 1 hour - and tu resarch was very cheap - no buildings limit and a bad balance between the price to create somethin´and the selling price in the shops .
    step by step this game is going difficulter - and suddenly we needed communication between the players.
    i dont know what happens now in the next step but i´m shure there are things that could be done better.

but look at the market - sometimes you can´t find any position no big parts and no small parts.

but is it possible Ex or maikel to set an upper limit the same as a lower limt ??

lower limit is 50 - upper limit may be 500 (1 warehaouse) ???

this is not a great change in the programm

Wilfried / papaschlumpf

• What does the 'company-types' mean?
    :
    ...GbR, GmbH, KG and whatever they are shortened to ..
    What do they mean/do??

EDIT: okay, I was just concerned when forming my company at first, I was asked to chose one of those 'categories'.. but I didnt know what they meant (it was in german) and I didnt know what they did, so I was confused about it. Thanks for clearing it up

• When going into the 'Balance' menu, a graph shows up.
    As it looks like right now, this graph should show the balance of the company.. but that isnt really the case. The graph shows only revenue/month and at that only for the last 12 months. Shouldnt this graph have a name of some sort? or just write on the Y-axis what it actually shows, instead of just a number.. number of what? (profit)

• When I look in the 'SUDE' I see that some of the prices are in 'red' (below the normal price)

How is it possible to make the prices go back up to the 'black' level?

Example

Dolls
    Selling price: 2843
    Normal price: 4818

Supply: 46.18%
    Demand: 100%

How is it possibly for me to make the 'selling price' go back up to 'normal price' ?

EDIT: Thanks, but hehe it doesnt exactly work pretty effeciently in 'this version' .. I'we looked at Eggs for a longer period, and dispite that the "supply" has been lower than the "demand" for a (very) long time .. (aproximately 50 years in the game-time) the 'selling price' has not moved one single bit in these 50 years.

But! Good to hear that the system will be replaced ;)
    Thanks for replying :D

• If to much is sold by the players the price will decrease and get red.

To increase the price all players must decrease their production to get demand > supply. If demand > supply the price will increase by 5% every WU until it will reach its normal value.

In V1.3 this feature is obsolete and will replaced by a new system.

Albert Einstein

• I'we got (yet another) question :D

Is it possible to see how one's company fared in the last round anywhere?
    (eg. I'd like to see how much my company ended beeing worth, and rank in the highscore.. etc)

• Tyres is british english,
    Tires is american english.

I changed it in Tires ;)

Albert Einstein