New Research Options

• Every so often I find I fall off my research schedule, and it would be nice if we had some other research options that would fill odd chunks of time better. It would also be nice if there were a way to keep our research facilities busy and still adjust the time when we need to set new research.

I'm sure we've all done it. We miss our time to set research by an hour. Then we're faced with the option of staying up an extra hour for the rest of the round, or idling the facility for a few hours and calculating some tortuous method to get back to our convenient time using 10 and 40 hour blocks.

So here's a solution. Make two new research options that will easily move the research reset time by a little bit.

3ql - 26wu
    12ql - 95 wu

The 3 ql option moves the time forward by 2 hours and fits nicely with a 1 ql research for an even 36 hours if you want to switch they day you check research.

The 12 ql option moves the time back by 1 hour. It's not an option that you can easily do all your research with, and it's still more expensive than the 48 wu research. So it shouldn't change the fundamentals of the game. The main reason for this option is so you can easily get back on schedule if you miss your research reset time by an hour or two.

Both of these options will end up costing more than the normal 48wu research which is as it should be. Mostly they're just there to make it a bit easier to fit the game into our schedules.

• There is actually a special Research option in Speed-Version of the game - QL 12 in 96 Wus. I think you are right in fitting the game to someones schedules is better than the other way around, just to keep up the fun.

Greets, HAL

• Lets see it this way:

QL research is for the rich and the ultra-rich in this game. I think its not demanded too much to come in to work exactly on time - every second day! :)

But even if you log in late because you have been out yachting too long... just chose the 40h option and waste some wu's. Tough luck. You will have noted that in any way you can't get to QL100 using the 48h option all the way

Please note that a 95hr research would be more expensive per QL researched (compared to a 48hr research). It might be cheaper to have the ResLab idle for a few hours than to pay that extra cost.

• HAL,

Speed is where I got the idea for the 95hr research. I thought if we took an hour off the research it would help me with my busy yachting schedule :P

Replikant,

I know the options I laid out are more expensive. I thought it best to have the new options be slightly more expensive alternatives. I don't want to change the fundamentals of the game. I'd just like to see some more flexibility.

There are lots of ways to get off schedule in researching. It could be something from real life like work, or camping, or yachting. It could be from upgrading the research facility, or it could just be trying to fit the last research in the round before the reset. Anyway you look at it, more choices make it easier to fit into life.

BTW, the cost of research is not always the most important aspect of researching. Sometimes we are limited more by time than by money :D

-Dave

• I think there should be a queue available for us to research.

Today, I have three research buildings researching three different things. I already know what will be the next three, but I have to be online at the exact hour to change it and not lose WU.

I propose 3 drop down buttons so I can choose my next research for each research buildings. That way, I would not need to be online at that exact time.

I suggest this, because not every time we can be online, sometimes internet is off, computer problems etc.

• I think, a new choice of products for the next research is not possible.
    If you can choose, then you can research one product in two research buildings.
    Please look at this (german) screenshot.

forum.tycoon-world.de/CMS/index.php?attachment/375/

"Produkt" = product
    "Dauer" = duration
    "Ende" = end

After 10 wu the first research will end and start with "Kaffeebohnen", but the second research building research also "Kaffeebohnen".

I think, i will put a checkbox on the side "research again". The same product, the same duration.

• I am sure you could find ways not to make people research the same product twice at the same time. An error message and no research results would be just fine.

But researching the same products in a row would already be an improvement.

• Ok, i have a result.
    I can it only check in the world update.
    If we have more as one research building with the same product, the second building will not start with the research.
    At the moment, no message (with the error) will be send.

• OMG Dok, this is great! I just started my first research with this change, and I"m floored. I used to have to plan my research around the schedule of what I was going to be doing a day or two from now. With this qued researching, I don't have to try to be at a computer on the very hour the research is done.

This is Great!

Thanks Dok.