• Could I get an explaination on what difference a Patent actually makes/does..

I got a Patent on one of my products.. this means that I produce a product of a higher quality.. but as far as I see, my product cannot be sold at any higher value than normal.. and there is (supposedly) no difference at all..

What does a patent actually do? How does a patent influence the game/products?

• at the moment it might not be neccesary to search for quality...it is too much expensive and anybody can still sell his articles without it.
    In a later periode of the game, when you search for much better selling articles, which make much more profit, i guess the demand of the virtual market will be smaller.
    So if you habe bought such a building you better give it back cause you have to make profit first, to get those better articles. Also it is very expensive. 500000 each round without searching goods. If you search for goods, you will pay more.
    In the german forum a person has had the same question. They told him, that each 10 days all the persons who did not log in will be canceled and the virtuel damand of goods will get smaller then.

"Fülle deine Jahre mit Leben und nicht dein Leben mit Jahren" ;)

• In the old IT versions everytime you started research you lost company value, because research wasn't add to company value.
    In "Patents" we now save the spent money for research (not only product quality).

It's only the sum of all spent money for research.

Product quality:
    The higher the required research level for a product, the important is the product quality.
    Higher product quality is NOT higher selling price !!!
    For example:
    If somebody is selling his low-level product at a low price (for example under normal selling price), this player may sell more than you (with higher quality using normal prices).

At low research levels, product quality is unimportant for our virtual economy. High-quality low-level products will help you geting a bigger market share, but not directly higher selling prices

Important:
    At this time there seems to be a bug in the virtual economy script (WU), therefore it may be possible that you aren't able to sell more than 75% auf the shops supply. Upgrading a shop seems not to raise supply capacity. When you've got higher product quality but no recognizable increase of demand, this is also a side-effect of this bug.
    We will try to fix this as fast as possible, but we will need to mirror the server, to do tests not within current game.

"Wenn A für Erfolg steht, gilt die Formel: A = X + Y + Z.
    X ist Arbeit, Y ist Muße und Z heißt Mundhalten."
    Albert Einstein