A Question About How High Score Works

• The manual states:

"At the end of each game-year, each player receives points for his rankings in the higscores Best-Vendor, Best-Manufacturer and Best-ROI. These points get added and then summed to the overall highscore. Points received for events get added when the event ends.
    The points are calculated as follows:
    The last player in a highscore list receives 1 point, the second last 2 and so on."

I gather from this that one's score is the sum of their rankings in 3 categories:

Best Vendor
    Best Manufacturer
    Best ROI

If that's true, then I should be able to correlate higher rank with gaining high score at a greater rate. But I don't find this. So, I'm looking for a little bit better explanation.

I studied the relationship between high score and rank in the three categories over the last two days.

I compared my score with LostCity and Klopfer. When the score was updated this is how the three scores stood:

One-Stroke LostCity Klopfer
    Best Vendor 6th 447th 9th
    Best Mfg 7th 6th 55th
    Best ROI 8th 11th 25th

From these numbers I would have expected to gain 443 more points of high score than LostCity. Much to my surprise, lostcity gained 2002 points of high score, Klopfer gained 1806 and I only gained 1574! So, not only did I not gain in the high score points, I lost ground to LostCity by 428 points. I was ahead of Klopfer in every category and was out gained by 232 points.

Anyway, I'm trying for high score, and I thought I was doing everything right, but it obviously isn't going according to plan. If anybody could give me some further insight, I'd really appreciate it.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

• The things with the vendor and manufacturing high scores are a bit clearer (even though we still have no idea how are they calculated) since we got the score changes. But this still doesn't help with the overall high score.

Before the last overall high score update the difference between me and the player before me was 4083 point. I got A LOT (and I mean A LOT) more points in the vendor and the manufacturing high score but the difference in the overall high score increased to 4139 points. Now .. how did this happen?

• Same here ... a lot of players are placed much lower than me in each highscore but earn more points.

The last weeks I spent a lot of money on research and I nearly got into debt because of high reaearch costs and increasing costs for raw materials and semi-finished goods. Furthermore I was not able to log on some days and lost lots of billions. I observed that up to now I make a lot of points each day since my funds are very low. I don't think this makes sense but it seems to have a positive effect when your liquid funds are nearly 0,00 IT-coins. ^^

I earn between 2,000 and 2,200 points each day. :P

• Yes, we will see. :)

Highscores were changed this round as I was placed very badly. So I could not make a better place than 25 this round. ^^ Next round it will work!! ^^