High Score

• I have read the manual and cannot understand how the high-score ia calculated.

Could someone explain here how it is calculated (and not cut and paste the manual because I have read that and cannot understand it).

Thank you. All help appreciated.

Long live Lancashire!

• Here is my understanding of the score:

Every time the month goes from 12 to 1 your score is updated.
    Your score is updated from the three rankings "Best-Vendor", "Best-Manufacturer", "Best-ROI".

You get a placement point in each category for how far from the bottom you are in the list. If you are the last in the list, you get 1 placement point. If you are tenth from the bottom you get 10 placement points. If you are first, then the number of placement points you get is the same as the number of people on the list. These placement points are added to your "Overall-highscore" once every twelve months.

As far as I can tell, the Best-ROI tracks the sum of the ROE in the balance sheet. An increase of 100% would result in an extra 1 point on the ROI list.

The "Best-Ventor" and "Best-Manufacturer" are based on the amount of products produced and sold. It also depends on the normal selling price of the product which is found in the SUDE list.

However I do not fully understand these last measures since my "Best-Vendor" points plus my "Best-Manufacture" points do not add to zero.
    My best guess is that the "Best-Vendor" points and "Best-Manufacturer" points are summed over a different set of products.

Can anyone shed some light on what products these scores are summed over?
    Is is all products? If so the "Best-Vendor" + "Best-Manufacturer" points should sum to zero.
    Is it over all finished products?
    Is it over all finished products that you produce?
    Is it over all finshed products that you sell?
    Is it over all products your stores can sell?
    Is is over all products your factories can produce?

I suspect that each of these scores are summed over slightly different sets of products.

Walter

• WWF say: <You get a placement point in each category for how far from the bottom you are in the list. If you are the last in the list, you get 1 placement point. If you are tenth from the bottom you get 10 placement points. If you are first, then the number of placement points you get is the same as the number of people on the list. These placement points are added to your "Overall-highscore" once every twelve months.>

If this true, then player whose strategy fail to keep vending and manufacturing in balance continuously is doomed to mediocre Overall-highscore. But can make more money by emphasize manufacturing first, then catch up in vending. Can't catch up in Overall-highscore, but get better finish in sub-categories, which are only results to survive round, as Jik understand Alltime-Charts. Is Overall-highscore really object of game?

• WWF say: <My best guess is that the "Best-Vendor" points and "Best-Manufacturer" points are summed over a different set of products.
    Can anyone shed some light on what products these scores are summed over?>

Jik can't figure out scores, but, by trial and error, if sell all your manufactured goods in own shops and run another 10-20 shops just for resell goods bought in market, can get positive results in both vending and manufacturing. Must usually resell goods at loss, sacrificing net worth for better vendor rating.

Jik wonder, is any point to sales on newspaper screen? Do they affect any score but Best-Eventmanager? Not affect Alltime-Charts, right?