Beiträge von barmcake

Interesting post Oakville.

As you say, doing QL research virtually destroys any chance that you might have of winning because it hammers your ROI score. A couple of games ago I managed to reach RL 50 quite quickly and decided not to do any QL research. I ended up doing quite well in that game, but was helped by the fact that players at the time did not understand ROI as well as we do now and prices in auto industry did not drop.

Basically, the situation now is that a player can play the game better and harder than anyone else, but those few players with high QL will always be able to play the long game and gradually grind you down.

I have several reasons for thinking that a shorter game might work better.

Firstly I notice each game that some players concentrate on lower level products (with big building upgrades) and do quite well for a while. Then they get overtaken gradually by those who get to auto industry (usually around 4/5 weeks). A shorter game would make the rush for RL50 less desireable. It would lead to different strategies with some chosing to concentrate on Fridges or Keyboards, etc.

Secondly, new players find the game whilst a game is in progress. Generally they take another game to sort their tactics out and are then ready for a good run at it on their thrid game. That could take 6 months before a new player would feel comfortable with a shot at the top 10. And even then s/he would probably have no meaningfull QL levels.

As regards removing QL, I thought that that idea was pretty much a none starter as soon as I posted it because there are a large number of players with too much QL to lose. But I still stand by that idea as the way forward for a good game.

Regards

TB Ltd.

Ich denke, dass jedes Spiel mit jeder auf gleichen Voraussetzungen
    beginnen sollte.

1. 2-Monats-Spiele nicht 3.

2. Entfernen Sie QL für alle Spieler beim Anfang des Esch-Spiels

3. QL kann mit der Rate von 10 QL pro Produkt pro das Errichten pro
    12WU' gewonnen werden; s.

4. Kosten gefallen zu werden QL (was Gebäude etc. betrifft besprochen zu
    werden Menge,).

5. Jedes mögliches Produkt kann für QL erforscht werden, wann immer ein
    Spieler wünscht

6. Begrenzen Sie Reklameanzeigen zu irgendeiner Zeit kaufen bis 20 im
    Spiel.

7. Erhöhen Sie die Punkte für Ereignisse (die besprochen zu werden
    Menge).

8. Setzen Sie die beste Verkäuferberechnung zurück zu, was es war.

9. Wiederholen Sie die Preiskalkulation (besprochen werden).

10. Lassen Sie TATSÄCHLICHEN Verkaufspreis für Waren soviel wie ihn
    nicht fallenlassen hat getan in diesem Spiel.
    Z.Z. willen Spieler, die hohes QL in vielen Produkten haben [sollte],
    immer Gewinn, wenn sie wissen, was sie tun. Oakville (ein neuer
    Spieler) spielte das beste Spiel von jedermann für die ersten 4 Wochen
    dieses Spiels. Er entfernte dann seinen Fuß das Pedal. Ich setze
    voraus, dass der Grund war, dass er feststellte, dass er nie im Begriff
    war, in der Lage zu sein, die Spieler um ihn in der Tabelle zu schlagen,
    weil sie QL in den Spitzenprodukten hatten und ihr Zählen erhöhen
    konnten.
    Dieses würde veranschaulichen, dass ein neuer Spieler konkurrieren kann.
    Aber schließlich nur ein handfull der Spieler kann das Spiel gewinnen.
    Ich denke, dass jeder Spieler eine Wahrscheinlichkeit haben sollte.
    Der Markt ist das Herz des Spiels, besonders wenn wir die Länge des
    Spiels verkürzen. Zu viele Reklameanzeigen auf einem einzelnen Produkt
    können stiffle der Markt. Begrenzen Sie so die Zahl kaufenden Anzeigen
    für jeden Spieler bis 20.
    QL für jeden Spieler zu entfernen ist eine streitsüchtige Ausgabe. Aber
    es öffnet das Gewinnen des Spiels bis zu jeder eher als eine kleine
    Auslese. Dieses wird durch die Verkürzung des Spiels erhöht. Es gibt
    den Spielern mehr Wahrscheinlichkeit, die auf frühe Produkte sich
    konzentrieren und ihre Gebäude verbessern.
    Das Spiel benötigt ein Wild-cardelement. Es hat es bereits im Falle
    Managertabelle. Erhöhen Sie den Punkt, der von 1 pro 1% bis 10 pro 1%
    zählt. Das würde ihn wert das Gehen für bilden.

===========================================================================

Ich
    stelle fest, dass es viele QL Punkte gibt, damit gegenwärtige Spieler
    auf diesem verlieren, aber das Spiel erhält verjährt und wir müssen das
    Spiel attraktiv bilden zu den neuen Spielern. Ein kürzeres Spiel regt
    neue Spieler an, mit dem Spiel zu haften und gibt ihnen die Gelegenheit,
    ihre neuen gefundenen Fähigkeiten zu versuchen.
    Für die älteren Spieler (wie wir) gibt es uns allen eine
    Wahrscheinlichkeit, unsere Spielstrategien wirklich gegeneinander zu
    prüfen.

I think that each game should start with everyone on a level playing field.

1. 2 month games not 3.

2. Remove QL for all players at the start of each game

3. QL can be gained at the rate of 10 QL per product per building per 12WU's.

4. Cost of QL to be dropped (amount to be discussed as regards buildings etc.).

5. Any product can be researched for QL whenever a player wants

6. Limit purchasing advertisements to 20 in play at any one time.

7. Increase the points for Events (amount to be discussed).

8. Put the Best Vendor calculation back to what it was.

9. Review the pricing (to be discussed).

10. Do not let ACTUAL selling price for goods drop as much as it has done in this game.

Currently players who have high QL in many products will [should] always win if they know what they are doing. Oakville (a new player) played the best game of anyone for the first 4 weeks of this game. He then took his foot off the pedal. I presume that the reason was that he realised that he was never going to be able to beat the players around him in the table because they had QL in the top products and could increase their scoring.

This would illustrate that a new player can compete. But ultimately only a handfull of players can win the game. I think that each player should have a chance.

The Market is the heart of the game, particularly if we shorten the length of the game. Too many advertisements on a single product can stiffle the market. So limit the number of buying adverts for each player to 20.

Removing QL for each player will be a contentious issue. But it will open winning the game up to everyone rather than a small elite. This will be increased by shortening the game. It will give more chance to players concentrating on early products and upgrading their buildings.

The game needs a wild-card element. It already has it in the Event Manager table. Increase the point scoring from 1 per 1% to 10 per 1%. That would make it worth going for.
    ===========================================================================
    I realise that there is a hell of a lot of QL points for current players to lose on this, but the game is getting stale and we need to make the game attractive to new players. A shorter game encourages new players to stick with the game and gives them the opportunity to try their new found skills.

For the older players (like us) it gives us all a chance to really test our game strategies against each other.

Just a further thought, and tying in with your ideas on other threads about spicing up the game;

If Thomas has not actually published the full details of the calculation for Best Vendor then it might be an idea to keep the full details secret from all the players. Then it would give us all a challenge working out what tactics would bring the best score. This would be similar to when the ROI table showed very little detail of what players were scoring each day.

(Just a spur of the moment thought, so feel free to shoot this one down 8) )

Thanks for finding that Dave.

I noticed the scoring in Vendor had changed around mid-september when I dropped from scoring in the top-10 to approximately 60th. It would indeed be very interesting to know how the vendor score now works.

The English manual still shows the following (which is clearly out of date);

Best-Vendor

You get points for the sales in your shop.
    Basis of calculation (norm sales price * amount sold
    )

I am now rather at a loss as to what strategy to follow without some indication of how the vendor score is calculated. I am not too bothered at the moment as I have somewhat messed up this round. But it would be much appreciated if a friendly, multilingual German colleague could translate the new rules for us English speakers :)

TB Ltd.

It's ok, I understand how it works now.

And it works really well in the interest of the game.

TB Ltd

The scores on the Best-ROI are very strange. The leader has a massive amount of points and everyone else seems to stay in the same position in the table.

Is it not working?

Will it be fixed?

Many thanks fellow Tycoons.

I have just reached Motor Industry (and I might be missing something here) but some of my shops at the same Shop Value are selling less of the same product at the same price.

For example

One shop will sell all 3 motor-cars at £xxx,xxx but another shop with the same shop-value will sell only 2 at the same price with plenty available in my Products-warehouse.

This happens with all products in the motor-industry. I have not noticed this before in the game with any products/industry. Usually if demand drops for a product then you can see this happening uniformally across all shops.

Thanks.

In the wiki for the scoring of Best Manufacturer it states

You get points for manufactured products.
    Basis of calculation (norm. production costs * amount produced)

Does "manufactured products" mean "All End Products" (as on the Market page in the game) or anything that you manufacture such as semi-finished products like Steel, Copper Wire, etc.

Also

does "norm. production costs" mean Normal Selling Price on the SUDE or Production Cost as published on the wiki for each product.

I have read the manual and cannot understand how the high-score ia calculated.

Could someone explain here how it is calculated (and not cut and paste the manual because I have read that and cannot understand it).

Thank you. All help appreciated.

Long live Lancashire!

I am English not German and do not understand what you mean.

I watched all the Germany v Argentina game and do not remember any contentious decisions made by the referee that changed the game in any significant way. In fact if any team came out of that match needing to hang its head in shame then it would be the Argentinians after their disgusting violent outbursts after the penalty shoot-out.

The German team have gone from strength to strength from the start of the tournament and deserve to be where they are. If England had shown the same team spirit and attacking ethic that the Germans have shown then we too would be in the semi-finals. Unfortunately we did not.

I could understand it if you made a bitter attack on that cheating scum Christiano Ronaldo. However there is just no substance to support your statement about the Germans.

Well done Rafiq - A great start off tutorial that was not available when I started.

Just to correct one important point though -

"You might think it would be a good idea to buy products
    in the market to sell in your shops. Unfortunately, this
    doesn't work. Everything you buy at the market is placed
    in your raw materials warehouse, and there is no way to
    move things from your raw materials warehouse to your
    product warehouse. Sorry."

is not correct.

If you check your Raw Materials Warehouse (or Products for that matter), directly under where it says delete (at time of writing) there is a symbol with a black box and right-hand arrow on each line. This moves the commodity between Warehouses and has no financial penalty. The commodity will only be sold in the Product Warehouse.

Buying from the market and selling in your own shops is a crucial part of the game. This keeps up the value of your own shops when your production is down for whatever reason (eg; upgrading your factories).

Otherwise a great effort.