Beiträge von wwf

I have updated the production amounts for diesel and gasoline.
    It looks as if Stdok has already updated the wiki entry for the chemical plant.

You sold 97 tricycles.
    You manufactured no tricycles.
    Suppose the vendor score values a tricycle at 0.4031.
    You would then score (97-0)*0.4031 = 39.1 vendor points.

Suppose the manufacture score values a tricycle at 0.155 points.
    You would then score (0-97)*0.155 = -15.0 manufacture points.

Unfortunately, I do not know how to calculate what the vendor or manufacture points are for a product.
    Last round, the vendor points seemed to be the average selling price of a product at QL0.
    I could never figure out what the manufacture points are based on. However I do know that products that are not sold still get you manufacture points without affecting the vendor score.

To do many repetitive actions on Industrie-Tycoon, you:

1) Click on a button to perform the action
    2) Click on a back button on a confirmation page
    3) repeat

Just recently, the repetitive actions of placing an advertisement, or putting goods on the market has been improved to a one step process.
    This was done by adding a "repeat" button to the confirmation page.

I would like to see a more general way to handle confirmation pages.
    I suggest a confirmation setting of "verbose", "terse", and "off".

A setting of "verbose" would be the behavior that is in place now.

A setting of "off" would return a refreshed version of the same page that prompted the action. There would be no confirmation that anything happened or not happened apart from the normal contents of the refreshed page.

A setting of "terse" would put a short message above the main frame and below the banner.
    This could be in a new frame, or just a message area in the main frame.
    The message could be the same as what is displayed in the confirmation screen or an even shorter message.
    For that matter, it may be just the contents of the confirmation page missing the "back" button.

This would reduce the page fetches and clicks by half for many repetitive actions.
    It may also allow for some "temporary" settings like sorting a market list by price to remain in effect.
    This would reduce the "buy item", "hit back", "sort by price" cycle that I sometimes do to just one click and one page fetch.

Walter

I would like to get an advertisement free account, but the links that I follow from the English server direct me to a paypal form in German. I am not familiar enough with German to complete the transaction.

Can the English server links forward me to a paypal form in English?

Walter

In the Overview there is a line like:

There are 2 buildings in upgrade and 0 are not activated.

You have two lists to look at. The first is the list of buildings being upgraded.
    The second list is the buildings that are not activated. After an upgrade, the building would be in the second list.

I am currently producing 1 x "Model railroad" from 1 x "High-grade steel"
    From the wiki 1 x "Model railroad" should be made from 1 x "Plastic" + 1 x "Electronic components".
    The portal has 1 x "Model railroad" from 1 x "High-grade steel".

Is there some mix-up between "Model railroad" and "Metal train"?

Walter

At the start of this round, it was stated that the demand for all products in the car dealership would be reduced by 1.

It would seem as if the demand for motorcycles in the autumn season is still the same.

As expected the demand for motorcycles in the other three seasons has been reduced.
    The demand for motor-cars, car stereos, motor oil, tires, alloy rims and motorcycle suits also seem to be reduced by one as expected.

Walter

You are correct.
    Many top players buy goods off the market and sell them in their stores for a loss.
    This is to get a better vendor rating.

Walter

I think the price for the Quartz watch is quite low.
    It would seem that the production cost of the watch and all the materials in the watch would total about $15000. However the nominal price of the watch is $9925.

Walter

Production from factories is added to the warehouse one factory at a time.
    All steel is produced before engines are produced.
    In you example say you are producing your steel in factories in batches of 20.

You will be producing QL50 steel from QL0 iron ore.
    You start with 941 QL0 steel for 0QL*units in the warehouse.
    You then add 20 units of QL50 steel to the warehouse. 20*50=1000QL*units were added.
    You now have 941+20=961 units of steel and 1000QL*units of quality.
    The mixed quality is now int(1000/961)=1QL.
    You have 961 units of QL1 steel.

Warehouse has 961*QL1 = 961 QL*units of steel quality.
    The next factory will dump 20 more units of QL50 steel adding 1000 QL*units of steel quality.
    Total steel quality units are 1961 for 981 units.
    The mixed quality is now int(1961/981)=1 (NOT 2!)

The process is repeated and the rounded down quality level stays at 1.

You now produce engines.
    Its quality level is int((QL1 steel + QL50 engines)/2) = 24.
    All engines produced are QL 24.

Note: that if you do not buy any more steel, you will start the next update with 493 steel of QL1.
    You should end up with much higher QL steel. Maybe over QL20.

Walter

Here is my understanding of the score:

Every time the month goes from 12 to 1 your score is updated.
    Your score is updated from the three rankings "Best-Vendor", "Best-Manufacturer", "Best-ROI".

You get a placement point in each category for how far from the bottom you are in the list. If you are the last in the list, you get 1 placement point. If you are tenth from the bottom you get 10 placement points. If you are first, then the number of placement points you get is the same as the number of people on the list. These placement points are added to your "Overall-highscore" once every twelve months.

As far as I can tell, the Best-ROI tracks the sum of the ROE in the balance sheet. An increase of 100% would result in an extra 1 point on the ROI list.

The "Best-Ventor" and "Best-Manufacturer" are based on the amount of products produced and sold. It also depends on the normal selling price of the product which is found in the SUDE list.

However I do not fully understand these last measures since my "Best-Vendor" points plus my "Best-Manufacture" points do not add to zero.
    My best guess is that the "Best-Vendor" points and "Best-Manufacturer" points are summed over a different set of products.

Can anyone shed some light on what products these scores are summed over?
    Is is all products? If so the "Best-Vendor" + "Best-Manufacturer" points should sum to zero.
    Is it over all finished products?
    Is it over all finished products that you produce?
    Is it over all finshed products that you sell?
    Is it over all products your stores can sell?
    Is is over all products your factories can produce?

I suspect that each of these scores are summed over slightly different sets of products.

Walter

I cannot seem to upload a logo for my account.
    I double checked. I am uploading a .jpg file that is less than 100x100 in size.
    The file name ends in .jpg and the image viewer I have states that it is a jpeg file.

This is the first time I have tried this. This is after the reset on August 1st, but before the first WU.

Walter

When mixing two products of different quality levels, the resulting QL is truncated. I understand that this is to prevent abuse of the system since rounding can cause a QL increase.

However, there are some instances where this truncation is too severe.
    Say I have 10 steel factories producing 10 units of steel each at QL10.
    Say I also have 100 units of QL0 steel in the warehouse.
    When a WU comes along, I will produce 100 units of QL10 steel to mix with 100 units of QL0 steel. I would expect to have 200 units of QL5 steel or something close to QL5. I don't.

When the WU is performed, each steel factory produces 10 units of QL10 steel and mixes the batch of 10 to the existing warehouse supply. The first batch of 10, QL10 mixes with 100, QL0 to produce 110, QL0 steel. The process is repeated and you end up with 200 units of QL0 steel. This is quite a bit different than the expected 200 units of QL5 or QL4 steel.

Here are two suggestions that would reduce the truncation of QL making the actual results closer to the expected results.

1) Record the QL in 10ths of a unit. Thus an old QL5 product would actually be stored as the integer 50. When calculating QL for display or sale, always perform an integer division by 10 to get the display QL level. If you did this with the above example the QL of the final product would be about 46, which would be displayed as "4". This is much closer to what I would expect. This could cause some transparency problems. By this I mean that there are hidden QL fractions that the user cannot see and cause results that are not expected. Say a user mixes one QL1 product with one QL0 product. With this new scheme you could get two QL1 or two QL0 products depending on the actual values stored. eg. QL1.9+QL0.9=QL2.8/2=QL1.4. This is displayed as QL1. eg QL1.0+QL0=QL1.0/2=QL0.5. This is displayed as QL0. This may be confusing.

2) Perform the WU calculations with greater precision (say floating point). Then truncate the results at the end of the WU. This would result in QL truncation of at most 1 unit compared to the example of QL5 units of truncation in the steel production example. All user initiated mixing would behave as before. Each mix can cause a QL truncation of at most 1 unit.

Either method would eliminated the multi-unit QL truncation that I currently find as counter intuitive.

Walter