• It would be handy to have an option to go on vacation. The result would be that your entire account would be placed on hold. No production, no production costs, etc.

Going out of town for a 2 weeks later this week and I expect my account will be almost bankrupt by the time I get back. :(

Trin

• Vacation-Mode is only available by mailing the support.
    This will only prevent the account from beeing deleted after 7 days of inactivity.

A "complete" vacation-mode is not in development, because such a feature would help people bypassing global ingame economy problems.

The best way to go on vacation is to stop every building before going into vacation mode.
    So you do not have high costs.

"Wenn A für Erfolg steht, gilt die Formel: A = X + Y + Z.
    X ist Arbeit, Y ist Muße und Z heißt Mundhalten."
    Albert Einstein

• I can understand not wanting people to abuse the vacation system, however, as the game grows bigger, you might find that people will simply stop playing if their account is deleted because they've been on vacation for a week. Or if everything they've worked for goes down the tubes because they couldn't really sell things while gone. I'm sure the abuse issue could be dealt with. A couple suggestions:

1. Encourage people to sell off as much of their stores prior to leaving by issuing a 'time penalty' upon their return. Realistically, you can't keep most goods in storage indefinitely. Foods and natural items (leather, etc) go bad, metals rust, etc. Upon return, 50% of goods in the warehouse are lost due to extended time in storage. This will encourage people to put as much as they can on the market before they leave and will discourage people from going into vacation mode just to take advantage of a better market later.

or

2. When people return from vacation, there is a X rt day waiting period before goods can be sold on the market. This would keep people from trying to take advantage of a good market, since they'd have to wait to sell. It wouldn't be as effective as #1 above, but it's still a worthwhile idea tho.

I understand the challenges of instituting a vacation system. I think it's something that should really be seriously considered though. If someone goes on vacation or otherwise can't play for a couple weeks and their holding bankrupts, they've got no real incentive to start again.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I hope you guys take them into consideration.

Trin

• I have earlier suggested a feature somewhat like what you talked about.. a 'decay' feature.. since goods as you stated does not last forever..

See "Feature Suggestions" post number 4,

I agree with you that deterioration should be a part of the "game" since its a simulator and in 'real life' things simply dont last forever.. however it doesnt seem like anyone wish to bother commenting on such matters :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that you have better luck getting people in talk, since the "game" DO need this feature :)

Vacation mode is possible in every other game/thing I've seen and played in, it should be as well here..
    Or how about.. a "guvenor"
    Come to think about it.. "vacation" isnt very simulator-wise.. but in Real Life, if a companyboss goes on vacation for 1-2 years (read: in the simulator each "real life day" = 1 month of time.. so 1 'real life week' = 1 year in game), they MOST likely will hire a substitude/temporary guvernor to take care of business

Perhaps it could be possible to implement a sort of 'stand in' guvernor, that could make sure that the company doesnt falter to bankrupsy - if the company indeed have enough production to sustain itself
    1 way to do so, could be to make the guvernor check the warehourses, and everytime some resources exceeds the warehouse-max, the guvernor could sell the excess goods on the market at minimum price.. (this should reduce the posibility of exploit, since any sane player would charge more for their goods, than minimum price)
    Could also be so, that a guvernor could only be implementet for say 1-2 times during each 100 years (ingame) (just an example.. but a rule like this could work) - again to prevent abuse.. I mean who goes on vacation for weeks at a time, more than 2 times a year?.. (and if they do, they most likely dont use this simulator anyways)

thats my 2 cents of the day