Increasing size of buildings

• Hi there,

just wondering about the value (in the early stages at least) of increasing the size of your buildings compared to simply buying a new building. It seems the cost to increase production by, on the whole, 1 unit is far more than the cost of gaining 10 units with a new building.

I understand the point of it when you start reaching your max building limit, but early on is it pointless expanding a buildings size? and if not could someone point out why?

Thanks

Jules

• Until you haven't reached the limit of 100 buildings, building a new one is cheaper than to upgrade. But if you know, that you will use a building a long time (maybe even until end of round), an early upgrade can also be an alternative to building a new one, which you will tear down later. It's just a question of strategy.

• Another consideration is whether evening out a production line (or part of it) would benefit you more than not doing so.

For instance, I -hate- selling cans. They never go for what they're worth on the market; steel generally sells faster and for a better price. So if I'm faced with a choice where I need, say, 3 more cans, I could either buy another steel mill which would produce 7 of them, giving me 4 extra I have to get rid of per WU, or I could upgrade existing buildings in order to get that extra 3 cans. Note that this doesn't apply to -all- products. With some, I'm better off making and selling the excess. There's a good bit of strategy in this game that applies to some things and not others, and even changes from one time period to the next. You'll gradually get a feel for things as you play.