Making Offers

• Hi all,

firstly congratualtions on engaging my interest with your game (no small feat I have to say). I'm looking forward to working it out and playing.

Ok, so i've read the manual and looked at the FAQ post, but i'm not sure how to make an offer on something in the market other than sending a PM.

Some goods are being sold to expensively to make it work and i was hoping there was an automated way of me sending an offer to that player and seeing if they will accept it.

I'm guessing there is but i just can't find it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Jules

• Prices can seem deceivingly high until you realize that some materials are used in the manufacture of some pretty valuable goods. Lumber, for instance, may sell for a piddling amount in a shop, but it's also used to make things like wood garden furniture which sells for a much higher price. So it's whatever the traffic will bear.

If you want to offer less than someone's asked for on the market, your only option is to PM them, and remember that there are many here who don't speak English. If you happen to know German, you're ahead that way. It couldn't hurt. You might just get lucky, but prepare to be turned down, because I think that's generally pretty likely.

Sometimes you can make arrangements with someone through PMs or in chat to send you a steady supply of a material at a certain price. After that, they'd send the products directly to you instead of to the market, and those shipments would appear on your "Offers" screen. It can sometimes save you a little over buying from the market, other times it's a bit more expensive but still worth it if the market supply is erratic. Sending directly to a player rather than to the market costs a bit more in shipping charges.

Hope that helps.

• That does, thank you Kahla. I think i just saw the offers made and received section and didn't know how to make an offer but i guess that would be me forwarding a trade to another player who accepts or declines, and offers received when another player does the same back... funny, i've spent a bit of time trawling through the different sections trying to find an elusive Student Discount button :)

Thanks again

Jules

• Exactly. To send an offer, you hit the 'truck' button by the product as if you're going to send it to the market, but you change the field where it says "market" by default to the name of the company you wish to send it to.

It really doesn't pay to send an "offer" to someone unless they've already agreed to take it, because if they do turn it down, you're out the shipping cost.

And nope, no Student Discounts. lol

It seems like there's a lot to learn about this game at first, but believe me, it won't take long at all before you have all the basics down and it's all much easier from there. After that, it's basically a matter of trying different product lines and strategies. And researching up that lovely, lovely QL.

And you're welcome. Never be shy about asking questions here - we have less posters on the English side of the forum, but we're friendly and happy to help. :)