4 easy steps to speed up trading

• I’ve started doing a fair amount of trading and I’ve noticed that I have to click many more times than one would think is required for the task. So here are some ways to change the pages to reduce the number of clicks to complete tasks.

1. Have two sets of gold coin buttons on the market screen. One set sends the goods to the raw-goods warehouse and the other sends them to the product warehouse. As it is now, we have to buy the stuff and then transfer it.

Now you 1, click to buy, 2 click to go to the raw-goods warehouse, 3 click to move the product, 4 click to confirm.

With the added buy button, you’d only have to click once!

There’s an added bonus, that you’d be able to buy one ql product and sell it without mixing it with your own ql you have in the raw-goods warehouse.

2. Let us highlight many products at once in the market menu. Then, at the bottom of the page you could supply a “buy all selected” button. So if we wanted to buy 5 different offers of steel, we could just highlight them, and click on the the new button: 6 clicks.

As it is now, we have to click to buy, then click back for each order. To purchase 5 different offers it now takes 9 clicks. Not only is this fewer clicks, but all those people with dial-up will really appreciate the fact that they don’t have to wait for the screen to refresh 9 times! It takes my brother’s computer about 10 seconds per refresh. This change would really help him.

3. It would also be handy to have a “shops” button on the left bar. I know real estate on that bar is at a premium, but this would really help resalers. After you buy your product, you frequently want to go to the shop to adjust the price because you buy stuff at all different QL. Now, you have to click 1 “buildings” 2 “shops” 3 “café.” This change would reduce your clicks by 1. I know this doesn’t seem like much, but efficiency always makes for a more pleasant experience.

4. One last suggestion. Well at least for now. :D When we select an individual final product like “coffee” it wold be nice to have our current shop price shown on the market screen, if we have a shop that sells that item. I know this isn’t always useful because of varying quality. But sometimes it’s quite handy.

I think implementing these changes will really help grease the wheels of commerce, and make the game more efficient and more enjoyable.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

• Actually, speaking as a dialup user, suggestion #2 would be to my detriment. Yes, it would speed up buying items that are plentiful on the market. But there are those times when an item is so rare that I have to catch it nearly the moment that it appears. In that situation, someone with a high speed connection could have all of the shipments bought out before I could get any of it. Those situations do come up at times, and I've been able to snag some only because I'd click to buy those lower down the page while a high speed user is buying from the top down. So I'd much rather have to do the extra clicks which slows down buying a bit on normal purchases, rather than give up any chance at the rarer items.