Suggestion for bank system

• As I have said in a post responding to the change of interest rate, having 21% monthly interest is infeasible.
    System of bank was changed

Instead, I would like to propose a flexible credit system based on the profitibility of a business. That being said, it is not like you can't take a loan if you don't have profit. Instead, you have a higher interest rate without a profit and a lower interest rate with profit. This would be just like in real life.
    > more profit less interest
    > less profit -> high risk -> high interest
    So, a penalty interest according to the profit (or the lack of profit) should be how it works.

Some of you may argue that the big player will have the lowest interest. That is not necessarily true in IT. For those of you who are familiar with ways to lower tax rate, you would understand this quite easily. For big businesses, when they start researching, especially QL research, it put a dent in their profit. Big businesses also have to / tend to buy stuffs from market which is written off as expenses. So, small (or maybe I should say mid-size) players could achieve roughly the same profit as some of the bigger businesses if they don't build/research anything for 12 months. Another point is that the smaller players would loan less (because they do not have as high building values / they cannot afford to pay a large amount of loan). So, the increasing interest rate corresponding to the increasing loan amount already account for a part of the advantage.
    Furthermore, we could adjust for the potential advantage by setting wider range for profit brackets. In my opinion, the bearable interest rate would be about 2~3% a month (which is already higher than the original), and I would take this as an example.

Less say 2% a month is the middle range we want, we could set the interest rate as follow:

profit = 1 dollar ~ 24 million -> 2% a month / 24% per annum
    profit = 24 million ~ 48 million -> 1.75% a month / 21% per annum
    profit > 48 million -> 1.5% a month / 18% per annum
    profit = 0 ~ -20 million -> 2.5% a month / 30% per annum
    profit < -20 million -> 3% a month / 36% per annum

The rate could be adjusted but more importantly is the concept. With this concept, players without profit would be able to loan and the interest would be more bearable.

If you still think that this concept would give preferred treatment to big businesses, that is how the real world works. Big businesses with higher profit get better credit ratings. But as I have pointed out above, this advantage is not really that big here in IT and would not make too much of a difference (that is given they already have all those money and QL).

Please voice your opinion on this, as it will affect our game play!

D,D&D SP 8)
    Both normal round & speedround

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
    --Bernard Bailey

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dktc ()

• i can unterstand that 21% per month is a lot of money - otherwise 2% or 3% is just a joke

the interest rate should be about 10% per month because the return of investment rate is higher than 10% - if you know the game ;)

• The 10% bit... I guess if you have a lot of QL, then it could be arhcieved. But it is not easy for players without QL. Return rate also varies with industries. And we also have to take into consideration that some players use the loan for RL/FL reesearch. So it is not only the return on a building in a month. The overall ROE is a more suitable guideline for this I think.

D,D&D SP 8)
    Both normal round & speedround

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it."
    --Bernard Bailey

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dktc ()