renting/buying warehouses

• I noticed that renting a raw material warehouse is $250 000, while buying one is $500 000. What's the difference between renting and buying? And while I'm at it, do I get charged storage costs if I buy or rent my own warehouse?

Drake Ind.

Supplier of fine, simple goods;)

• Hi!

The difference between buying and renting is the following:

A rented Warehouse does not count on your buildinglimit of 100 buildings, a build one does.

Afaik you have to pay 250k each turn you rented a warehouse.

Storagecosts hav to be paid in any case :(

Greetz

Ich möchte mit meinen Posts im Normalfall niemand beleidigen/kritisieren/anflamen/etc. sofern ich dies nicht ausdrücklich erwähne.
    Sollte ich jemandem zu nahe treten, bitte per PN darauf ansprechen, damit ich es entsprechend abändern kann.

• Rented warehouses:

- does not count as building (and will not affact the 100-buildings-limit)
    - has fix costs which will increase by the highest researchlevel of stored products.
    Formula:
    - Raw-material-warehouse: Highest research level of all products * Amount of warehouses (raw material) * 15.000
    - Product-warehouse: Highest research level of all products * Amount of warehouses (product) * 30.000

Example:
    If you have skateboards in your product-warehouse with 2 rented ones you have to pay:
    50 (research level of skateboards) * 2 (amount of rented warehouses) * 30.000 = 3.000.000 fix costs.

The variable ones will be added, too.

Buyed warehouses do nat have these fix costs, tehrefore they are more expensive and count as building (which will affact your 100-buildings-limit)

"Wenn A für Erfolg steht, gilt die Formel: A = X + Y + Z.
    X ist Arbeit, Y ist Muße und Z heißt Mundhalten."
    Albert Einstein