"Buy Orders"

• Hi all

I'm enjoying this game very much :) Now about this topic.

Let's say that when some player wants to buy some amount of [something] places a "buy order" on the market.
    About the "buy order": It may look easy to implement a system allowing "buy order". As a programmer I would like to say to you all: it is not!!! The system must be simple and functional.

After thinking on a possible implementation of "buy orders", i came up with the following:

To create a "market" of "buy orders".

Just like when one is selling the goods: Choose the number of units you want, the price you want to pay and the Market/Company name

The ecran will look exactly like the "market" - but where in "market" says "Buy" - in "bying Orders" will say "sell". EXAMPLE:

MARKET:

Amount/Type | QL | Company | Price/Unit | All round price | Action
    20 Winter clothes | 0/0 | mozart oHG | 9.999 | 199.980 | Buy

BYING ORDERS:

Amount/Type | QL | Company | Price/Unit | All round price | Action
    20 Winter clothes | 0/0 | mozart oHG | 9.999 | 199.980 | SELL

Yess, you cannot sell less than the specified amount... as you cannot buy a part of the 20 winter Clothes.

what do you think about?

Greetings, Antonio

PS: Thanks to all, it's a great game. I'm willing to contribute.

• It has been brought up in other threads, but it is good that you keep the spotlight on it - indeed it would be a nice thing to have

As far as I can see it would simply be to dublicate some lines of code, and then changing the name from Buy to Sale in the view that people have of the "buy-orders market".. (basicly)

Now, regarding the case, that I say:
    I want to buy 100 cars at 250,000 (total price 25,000,000 - but I dont have the 25million in cash)
    Then I could suggest an easy solution:
    Simply make it so, that if someone presses the "Sale" button - indicading that they have 100 cars and they want to sell them to me
    Then they simply get a message back stating:
    "The customer dont have enough cash, the "buy"order have been canceled"

and in case someone presses the "Sale" button - without actually having the items, then a message would appear stating:
    "You dont have enough of the goods"

easy solutions to tricky problems..

Nice to see someone enjoying the game, and not affraid of admitting it publicly :D

• Hi all

Thanks, Nadija. I guess your post cover all the possibilities of error on the trading process.

The "Buy Orders" are extremely important, in my point of view. Why?

1. "Buy Orders" will allow buyers and sellers to DO MORE interesting things.

This game is about taking management decisions (I think...), not about who-is-the-fastest-to-push-Buy-Button... I listen again and again buyers complaining about the market time-consumer process of looking every 5 seconds searching some specific good. The sellers will love the system, because they can get $$$ without having to wait for the market's mood.

2. "Buy Orders" Will allow to look at the market and estimate MUCH BETTER the market demand. [Self-explanatory?]

3. "Buy Orders" will allow to keep the value of goods stabilized at their RIGHT VALUE.
    Now this is a more complex statement... And there are mainly 2 reasons. First reason - the buyers will compete accordingly with their necessity. Second reason - It will end with some of the I-want-to-sell-now-so-i-dump-the-goods syndrome that i'm used to see on the market.

Waiting Some FEEDBACK,
    Antonio