Steelworks

• I have a question about this critter, and I'm a little frustrated by it.

From what I understand, in order to make steel, all I need is iron, yes?

I got some iron, got a steelworks... but...

Every turn, it says it failed to produce, but will do more next turn. So far I've had it over a "year"... and have not produced a single unit of steel. Nor can I find any explanation of why it's not functioning right.

Help?

• EDIT:

As i can see, you are now producing steel.

Maybe your iron ore was housed in the wrong warehouse.
    I can see that additional 26 iron ore is housed in product warehouse.
    There the iron ore can't be used by any building.

"Wenn A für Erfolg steht, gilt die Formel: A = X + Y + Z.
    X ist Arbeit, Y ist Muße und Z heißt Mundhalten."
    Albert Einstein

• For clarification:

there are 2 types of warehouses..

1) Raw Material Warehouse
    2) Product Warehouse

In warehouse type 1 - you should put anything that you need to PRODUCE stuff (IE. - the Iron is used for producing Steel - thus your iron should be located/put in type 1 warehouse)

In warehouse type 2 - you put anything that you want your Stores to try to sell. (IE. - End-products, like TV's, Cars - you name it)

Remember to set your production facilities to send their goods the RIGHT place like Exzted also said..

(Note: That the cost of having items/goods in warehouse 2 is slightly more expensive than having them in type 1, you may need this information later on, when you begin to micromanage your warehouses)

• Ah... I understand now...

I sort of stumbled on it producing on it's own after I'd built a iron mine... I'd not read carefully enough and had wanted the Steelworks orginally to process the bauxite that showed as being in over-supply, to Aluminum, which at least had some demand.

=chuckles= I'm slowly starting to understand the game here... I think....

Mitz

• If you have anymore questions, whenever, feel free to ask here in the forums

(or alternatively, ingame - "IE Capitol", in case you want to write me there. I'd be happy to assist)