News from abroad event duration

• It would be nice to have the deadline and the amount equal to 100% for the donation events. That way we know how long and how much to produce and when to donate. Those are important features when you have in mind that we can donate only once.

• This idea has been suggested before, but was shot down because the events add a certain element of chance and randomness to the game.

If you wish to know how many items it takes to get to 100%, I know of two methods. One method you can use if you expect to go over 100%. You go to donate to the newspaper with all of your stock. The next page will tell you how many you can donate. If the max donation is less than what you are trying to donate then you will fill 100% of the order.

The other method requires copious note taking. Each time you donate to an event, you can record the quantity of the donation and the fraction of the order filled. This will give you a good estimate of how many are required to fill the order. FYI, I've discovered that low RL items require many many items to fill an order, while high RL items require less. I'll give a couple examples from my notes:

Wooden locomotives takes about 15,800 units to fill an order
    Electric toothbrush takes about 2,400 units.