The ruin of the telephone and push-button phone

• In the following thread Stdok wrote:
    Product name changes?

I just checked to see if any of the normal prices had changed and the Sude indicates that they haven't. This is not a big deal for some of the products. The difference in cost to make lumber is not significantly different from the cost to make plastic.

This does not hold true for the cordless phone and the mobile phone. The amount of real estate required and the production costs for these items has increased greatly. The telephone has been a reasonable item to produce, but now reconfigured as a cordless phone it is no longer reasonable to produce it.

Nobody ever produced the Push-button phone when it required 1 electronic component, but now that it requires 2 of them.... well I suppose it isn't any different. Nobody will produce it still.

I suppose I'm just a little saddened to the mechanics of the electronics store altered so much. It seems a bit unfair to take reasonable product and ruin it, or take a poorly performing product and make it worse.

Is there any chance of setting the normal price of these products higher, or changing the required materials back to what they once were?

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

• Zitat

TV-set (b/w) -> TV-set (1 x Lumber -> 1 x Plastic)
    Crank telephone -> Telephone (1 x Lumber -> 1 x Plastic)
    Radio -> clock radio (1 x Lumber -> 1 x Plastic)
    Colour-TV -> LCD television (1 x Glasses -> 1 x Precious Metals)

I think we need no new prices for this products. The costs are ca. the same. LCD television are the winners, because you only need a resource! The old glasses was a 2-step product.

Zitat

Telephone -> cordless phone (1 x Copper wire -> 1 x Electronic components)
    Push-button phone -> mobile phone (1 x Electronic components -> 2 x Electronic components)

Okay, the difference now is more then trippled for cordless telephones. I think if we raise the normal price in strores for cordless phones by 4 and for mobile phones by 2 and all players will probably calm down? ;) Lets discuss about it.

• Telephone normal price = 13,847
    If we raise the normal price of cordless phone by a factor of 1.8 or 2 it should fit in nicely with the other products. Making less money than TV-Set, but more than clock radio.

So: Cordless phone normal price = 24,925 - 27,694

Push-button phone normal price = 25378

That price put it's profitability between Hi-Fi and Jukebox. If we pick a new price of 40,000 for mobile phone, it will have about the same profitability. Of course that still means it won't be produced often.

If we doubled the price (50,756) that would make it quite profitable, but still less profitable than LCD TV. This price keeps with the traditions of having Color TV as the most profitable electronics item. And it keeps with the tradition of having most of the electronics items making good, but not fantastic profits.

If we raised the price by a factor of 2.2 (55,832) then mobile phones would be the most profitable electronics item. This option would give people an incentive to get all the way to RL 50 without upsetting the balance of income where motor-cars still make the best high-score. And Jewlery, and cars still make more money.

So, mobile phone normal price = 40,000 - 55,832

That's my opinion.

-Dave

• Well according to the new numbers on wiki, the amount of actual profits per building space (assuming building is at lv 0) is the following.

telephone 20987.3
    clock radio 30582.29
    tv-set 34943.72
    cordless phone 26354.88
    pin-ball machine 29202.01
    jukebox 40766.62
    hi-fi unit 35232.63
    lcd tv 78413.63
    mobile phone 34962.08