• OK, I've done some research on high-score for a while now, and I've come to a point where my theories are disproved again. My latest theory is:

High-score is calculated from your bi-yearly scores for vendor, manufacturer, and ROI. Your bi-yearly scores are calculated by: 1. calculating how many new points you received in a category over the last two years. Then ranking your gains against everybody else's gains. Then just like the manual says you add up the your ranks(1 pt for lowest, 774 pts for highest). There are three ranks that are used: vendor, manufacturer, and ROI. So the most you can gain would be about 2,300 pts if you ranked first in all three categories.

This theory is close, but it doesn't quite capture what's going on. It's true that your bi-yearly gain in has to be high in all three ranks, but it does not correlate exactly. I've been tracking the players who are near the top for high-score and I've seen that sometimes I'll beat another player in all three categories for a two year period and still gain fewer high-score points over that time.

You'll notice that I haven't included event-manager in this analysis. It turns out that event manager scores are so small in slow that their effect is negligible.

Just some thoughts...
    Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)