Oil Prices

• I really can't believe why the price of oil is going for less than it costs to produce (Oil 0|0).
    At the moment its going for 474 and the production price is 530. Why do people sell it for less than 530? ?(

• Good question - i haven't the answer. But one thing i must correct in your post. The production of oil costs between 614 to 688 (level 10/level 0 oil drilling derrick) per unit. And if you sell it as a raw material you must add the costs of storage and transportation, so the price of "oil level 10" must be above 641 to make profit.

• Sometimes I'll sell the oil and take a loss on it. I do this instead of shutting down production because I want the manufacturing points. You get points that are proportional to the normal price of the product you produce.

You might ask why I don't tear down the oil derricks and build something profitable. Well, in speed I'm selling oil for 600, and over producing it. I'm going to produce electronics and I will need lots of oil. So, it would be foolish for me to tear down my expensive oil rigs now.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

• That is true, what Arboroia siad... the value of oil has gone down terrifyingly. Because of this I had to demolish my own oil rig. The expenditures were just to big. I still can't get rid of my last batch of oil that I sent onto the market. :evil: