Price Adjustments Each Round

• IT does many things well. The game dynamics are obtuse enough to make it difficult to do well. There are markets that model supply and demand well. And there are several long term goals players can work for. I think these are all strengths for IT.

One thing IT doesn't do so well is applying an overall balance to the market. Some products are continuously overproduced (Icebox, tools, fridge, cars) while many other products are seldom produced (handbags, fruit tart, baby nappies). There have been some changes to try to rectify this (lower sales rates in car shop, higher fruit tart prices) but I think these methods are not quite enough.

I propose at each reset that IT determine which product was most oversold last round, and which one sold the poorest. Then increase the normal price of the loser product by 10% and decrease the normal price of the winner product by 10%.

This is a slow enough rate of change that it will not greatly change the dynamics of the game, but it will apply some supply and demand forces to the game. It will also lead to a greater diversity of production and a more dynamic game.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

PS. I'd measure the minimum sale rate by first finding the max % achieved for each product on the Sude chart. Then I'd increase the prices of all products that registered 0%, or pick the one product with the lowest percent.