High Score and Events

• Stdok started a thread in the German section about the problem of motor-cars reaching prices of 300k. He also said a solution might be to find a new way to calculate high-score, or to do away with events.

At least that's what I gathered using google's translation tools :P

Here's Stdok's original post:
    Highscore und Events

Anyway, I don't see a problem with 300k cars. I happen to be one of the people who paid that price so I could resell them (at a steep loss) in my stores to fix my vendor score. I like the complicated mechanics of IT where unexpected situations arise that would force these sorts of oddities. BTW, the price of a motorcar has dropped to a more reasonable 220k. Since the market really does work well in IT, people saw the potential to make *lots* of money selling the motorcars. Then they made lots of them, then the price dropped. It's just like a real market. Cool.

As far as the events are concerned - I think it's a reflection of how fun the events are rather than their importance for gaining high score that makes them a force in the game. I spend a fair amount of time trying for events, and it only affects my high score by 100-200 points. It usually isn't enough to change my rank by even one space. They are fun to try to get though. BTW, in speed events are completely different. The quantities are smaller so a player can get 3000 points of event manager. Pechteufel did this in one round and got high score because of it!

So, I suggest that you keep the high score the way it is, and keep the events the way they are. Well, I wouldn't mind if you increased the effect of event manager in slow so it actually had an influence on who could win.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)