Beiträge von One-Stroke

Thanks for the updates on the balance graph. More info is more fun.

I think the info would be clearer if you could add a zero line. The graph scales automatically from the negative extreme to the positive, but it's often hard to see where zero is.

The other change that would be handy is to make the data selection buttons toggle on and off instead of making them exclusive. Now, when I press the expenditures button, my income data is removed. You can only have one type of data on the graph at one time. In this way one set of data excludes the display of the other data. If you change the buttons to toggle each set of data then you could display 1 type of data, or 2 or all three. It would just be handy, and more fun to have the ability to display more types of data.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

I'm looking for copper wire. It sells for much more than steel does and it sells much faster. The RL runners are arriving at Radio and fridge now. And all of us will want copper wire and will pay well for it.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

I noticed the new line in the balance page:

Total expenditure this round: 7.245.063

It immediately got me wondering how my number compared to other players. That brings up my request for a new highscores category. I'd like to see a ranking of total expenditure score. Maybe total expenditure/1,000,000. I think this number will be different from IT-Company because some players buy and sell a lot and will get a higher "power-broker" number, where players who produce all their own stuff could still get a high company value with a lower "power broker" number.

Technical asside: You could use the total expenditure, total income or an average of the two for the power broker rank. I like the total expenditure version better because players who hoard cash (IT-FatCat) aren't brokering power, they're storing it.

-Dave

Your score is penalized for making things like lumber and turning it into furniture instead of selling it. So going for a high score is different from going for a high company value. I like this seemingly strange added complexity.

The game offers lot of different goals to choose from. Some go for high-score, some for largest company value. Last round I aimed for highest research score (missed, but ended up third). Each goal requires a different strategy. Not only that the game does a good job of obfuscating what is really going on, so it gives you a chance to do some research and math to gain an advantage.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

HAL,

Speed is where I got the idea for the 95hr research. I thought if we took an hour off the research it would help me with my busy yachting schedule :P

Replikant,

I know the options I laid out are more expensive. I thought it best to have the new options be slightly more expensive alternatives. I don't want to change the fundamentals of the game. I'd just like to see some more flexibility.

There are lots of ways to get off schedule in researching. It could be something from real life like work, or camping, or yachting. It could be from upgrading the research facility, or it could just be trying to fit the last research in the round before the reset. Anyway you look at it, more choices make it easier to fit into life.

BTW, the cost of research is not always the most important aspect of researching. Sometimes we are limited more by time than by money :D

-Dave

Every so often I find I fall off my research schedule, and it would be nice if we had some other research options that would fill odd chunks of time better. It would also be nice if there were a way to keep our research facilities busy and still adjust the time when we need to set new research.

I'm sure we've all done it. We miss our time to set research by an hour. Then we're faced with the option of staying up an extra hour for the rest of the round, or idling the facility for a few hours and calculating some tortuous method to get back to our convenient time using 10 and 40 hour blocks.

So here's a solution. Make two new research options that will easily move the research reset time by a little bit.

3ql - 26wu
    12ql - 95 wu

The 3 ql option moves the time forward by 2 hours and fits nicely with a 1 ql research for an even 36 hours if you want to switch they day you check research.

The 12 ql option moves the time back by 1 hour. It's not an option that you can easily do all your research with, and it's still more expensive than the 48 wu research. So it shouldn't change the fundamentals of the game. The main reason for this option is so you can easily get back on schedule if you miss your research reset time by an hour or two.

Both of these options will end up costing more than the normal 48wu research which is as it should be. Mostly they're just there to make it a bit easier to fit the game into our schedules.

FYI, this is what I have for research costs per wu for a level 0 facility.

Target QL / Cost per wu
    6 536,000
    12 644,000
    18 824,000
    24 1,076,000
    30 1,400,000
    36 1,796,000
    42 2,264,000
    48 2,804,000
    54 3,416,000
    60 4,100,000
    66 4,856,000
    72 5,684,000
    78 6,584,000
    84 7,556,000
    90 8,600,000
    95 9,525,000
    100 10,500,000

Now your son can get back to being a guitar hero :P

Usually I wouldn't post a request for rubber, but the market has been underproducing rubber for several days now. I'll buy rubber at any price - really. 10K, 20K I don't care. I just want to be able to buy it.

Right now I would buy 7,000 units if it were to show up on the mkt. Every time I look on the market I buy everything there is. Steel is well supplied, but rubber pays even better than steel now.

Just send your steel to me for max price and I'll buy it.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

The addition of motorcycle riding suit has created a new demand for leather. I will pay 10,000 for leather of any ql.

Please, please, please put your leather on the market for max price. The price needs to go up and we need more people producing leather. There just isn't enough on the market to satisfy demand.

I will pay 10,000 for leather shipped to me.

I think the market will support ql 0 leather up to about 7,000. People who ship to the market at this price can make 65K/square while the guys who buy it can make 100K/square.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

I'm looking for electric motors at 35,000 regardless of ql.

If you buy your materials from the market, you can make over 200,000 per square at this price. And electric components are selling under 30,000 now so you'll make more money selling the engines.

My demand is 70/hr (1680/ day)

-Dave
    One-Stroke

OK, here's an offer that should get a bite. I am no longer making motor-car but I have a bunch of shops that can sell it. I want to buy 70 motor-car per hour at 160,000 each to sell in my shop.

So you get to make a lot of money and I make a little. Sounds like a good deal, eh? Dang right it is. You'll make more money per square selling them to me than if you build your own shops.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

Dave
    One-Stroke

The RL runners are up to radio now, that means that the demand for copper wire and copper ore is high. I can't find any on the mkt.

Put your copper ore and copper wire on the market for max price - it will disappear fast. It will also cause the max price to rise. Then you will get a nice fat profit off of these materials :)

I am now looking for a steady supplier of copper ore. I'll buy for max price up to 1,000. Above 1,000 I'll pay normal price.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

OK, I think I've found a happy place for ql 42 fabric. I am now making 100/wu and will be putting it on the market for 19,999.

People buying this cotton should be able to make good money making furry pets, summer clothes, and work clothes.

Let me know if you'd like be to supply the fabric directly to you instead of sending it to the market.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

You know 3d, nobody needs to make footballs to keep the sports store happy.

Also, I think in order to have a competitive score, it helps to have partnerships. If I supply a steady supply of what another company needs, they can sell it in their store and get a lot of vendor points with very little expense and using few squares.

Anyway, I'd like to make bikes, but there isn't enough money it it for me to setup my own stores. If, however someone wanted vendor score better than money, this could be a good option.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

I don't understand it, but here's how it is. Cotton QL 42 is selling on the market for 26,000 but my fabrics QL 42 are languishing on the market at 24,000. I've set up to sell a lot of high ql fabrics this round but I'm having trouble finding buyers.

So here's your notice. If you've been buying ql 42 cotton, why don't you shut down your factories and save some money buy buying ql 42 fabric for less?

-Dave
    One-Stroke

PS for your planning purposes, I'm currently making 80 fabric/wu. I expect the quantity to rise, but not the price!

Also, if you want to set up your production to take advantage of mine, I can send the fabric directly to you instead of to the market.

I'd like to build some bikes and sell them on the market. Since it's still early in the game it's the only thing most people can sell in the sport shop.

Here's the offer: I sell to you 24 bikes/wu (576/day) at 13,000 each. You can support 4 shops selling 6/wu each (15,571 each)

You'll add 4.48 million per year on your vendor score and make a net profit of 740,000 while you're at it.

Let me know if this appeals to you.

-Dave
    One-Stroke

I've noticed some people selling cheap cotton on the market. Don't do it! Send it to me. I'll buy all you send for 12,000.

Well I'll buy if for max price if the program won't let you sell it for that much ;)

-Dave
    One-Stroke

PS. People have been asking "how do I send stuff straight to you?" Here's the answer. Get to the screen where you would normally ship stuff to the market. Go to the box that says "Market" in it. Replace that word with "One-Stroke" then send the good on their way. That's it.

OK, here's a simpler situation that still doesn't match what I understand from other shops and from what's I've been able to glean from this game so far.

I've started selling luxury motor cars. LMC sell for the same quantity each season. Here's the SuDe:

Luxury motor-car
    Rl 45 | ØSelling price: 497844
    Normal price: 218515
    Own QL: 0 | ØQL: 85

Supply = 52.04%

I've set my ql0 luxury motor-cars to 200,000 and I can satisfy the demand in one store but only half the demand in another. By experience in other stores I'd expect to sell max in every store while pricing the cars at 320,000 - just under 1.5*normal. The supply is well under the demand. If I were selling icecream or raincoats they'd be flying off the shelves, but not Luxury cars or motorcycles.

Is there something I'm missing because there are so many high QL cars on the mkt? Why does shop #1 always sell it's full allotment (4) while shop #3 only sells half that (2)? (btw shops are SW150, lvl 8)