Beiträge von One-Stroke

Well, it's not automatic buying that I'm proposing. It's automatically placing an ad or placing an offer. You still have to click to buy.

I still see how too much automation can compromise the game. I was just looking for a way to keep my company on more of an even keel. Since I buy a lot of stuff on the mkt, I have large swings in company value. Being able to automatically post ads would reduce my ROI variability and help with my high-score... I think.

-Dave

I propose we add a page where we can schedule future transactions. I'd model it after the scheduled transactions in Quicken:

Place (two) (ads) every (wu) for (250) units of (steel) at (8,500) with ql (0).
    Starting (next wu) ending (never)

- or -

Place (one) (offer) every (two wu) for (100) units of (engines) for (20,000)
    Starting (8/144) ending (8/145)

- or -

Place (one) (offer) every (year) for (50) units of (cotton) for (15,000)
    Starting (12/144) ending (never)

I would expect these ads/offers would fail to post if you didn't have adequate warehouse space or product, or if you didn't meet the min/max price. Then you'd get an automatic message that would alert you to the failed attempt to post an ad.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

OK, I've done some research on high-score for a while now, and I've come to a point where my theories are disproved again. My latest theory is:

High-score is calculated from your bi-yearly scores for vendor, manufacturer, and ROI. Your bi-yearly scores are calculated by: 1. calculating how many new points you received in a category over the last two years. Then ranking your gains against everybody else's gains. Then just like the manual says you add up the your ranks(1 pt for lowest, 774 pts for highest). There are three ranks that are used: vendor, manufacturer, and ROI. So the most you can gain would be about 2,300 pts if you ranked first in all three categories.

This theory is close, but it doesn't quite capture what's going on. It's true that your bi-yearly gain in has to be high in all three ranks, but it does not correlate exactly. I've been tracking the players who are near the top for high-score and I've seen that sometimes I'll beat another player in all three categories for a two year period and still gain fewer high-score points over that time.

You'll notice that I haven't included event-manager in this analysis. It turns out that event manager scores are so small in slow that their effect is negligible.

Just some thoughts...
    Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

Last WU, I sold motorcycles for 100,000. This fact is properly shown in my shops. I changed my price to 95,000 so I can sell more motorcycles. Well, the shop still correctly shows my last round income (100,000 when I sold 1 MC) but the product overview page incorrectly shows the new price for my income from last wu (95,000 when I sold 1 MC).

-Dave
    One-Stroke

OK, when they lowered the sales quantity for the car dealer all the prices for cars and their parts went down. Not to fear because tires still make a killing. Why will I buy tires for 45K when I can only sell engines for 25K, and luxury car bodies for 45K. Because I'm going for score, not money. Yes, you have to make money to make score, but you also need to have a positive vendor score. Well, tires drive down my vendor score so I'll pay just ridiculous prices for tires. Now all you have to do is make the tires and watch the money roll in...

BTW, I'll buy 140 tires per wu (3360 per day)

-Dave
    One-Stroke

PS. A level 10 factory making tires will make about 300K per square per wu. If you could have all your factories making tires you'd profit 30M/wu. That's about twice what I make. So, just buy up some of that cheap steel and rubber from the market and turn out some expensive tires. :thumbup:

The production log page can get over-crowded when you have a diversified production and a high RL. If you could add a scroll down menu that would let us filter the production log for different industries that would be handy. I'd filter by shop. So, you could select "no filter" or "textile shop", or any other shop. When "no filter" is selected, the production-log page would be just as it is now. But when a shop is selected, only goods that pertain to that shop would be displayed.

So, if I selected "furniture shop" I'd see wooden furniture, picture frames, lumber, and logs (at RL 0). I wouldn't see cotton, or ice-cream, or tricycles.

It would just make it easier to manage if you have several different industries.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

Ikea,

I just type a 9 in front of a price if I don't want the shop to sell it. So, I can sell knitting needles for 5373 all day long. But I won't sell any for 95373 :)

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

Alright, you don't think 40,000 is cheap? Well, that was considered cheap last round. OK, now I'm selling them for min price.

My plan this round involves over-producing car parts. But someone has to buy them for it to work... So, I guess I don't care if I make much money on them, I just want to move lots of parts. My new target price for car parts is 20,000. I'll sell at min price for a while to reduce my stock then aim for 20,000.

At this price you should make so much money it's irresistible, no?

-Dave
    One-Stroke

You know, I just have to have rubber and will pay max price from now through the end of the round. Just send me offers or fill my classified ads.

When you send rubber, make sure you send some to the market at max price. This will help drive the price of rubber up. It should rise above 10,000 - maybe even up to 20,000 each. I'll gladly pay those prices and it should be enough to make excellent money for your company :thumbup: .

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

I'm not sure I understand your question. I'll answer a couple of related questions.

1. You can have an constant supply of goods to your shops if you set the output of your factories to go to the product warehouse.
    2. You can increase the amount of stuff your stores sell by having a high "shop value" for each store. If your SV is too low, sell more different kinds of products in your store.
    3. You can upgrade your store to be able to sell more stuff in your store.
    4. You can build more stores to sell even more.

There's a really good manual that will tell you all the ins and out of IT
    http://en.industrie-tycoon.de/downloads.html

There's also a Wiki
    http://en.wiki.industrie-tycoon.de/index.php?title=Main_Page

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

I certainly would use a feature that allows me to set the prices in several (but not all) shops at one time. The question is how best to implement it.

1. You suggest to highlight a few shops in the the "shops" or "buildings" page. Perhaps the "all settings" button could have functionality added. When you select several shops it opens a normal shop page but with a new button at the bottom of the page "set prices for selected shops".

2. Another way to be able to set the prices for several shops at one time to different values would be to add the price setting ability to the product overview page. Where the selling price is listed, change the display to a series of text boxes. You could then change the values in these boxes and click on a new "set prices for all shops" button on this page. This would be particularly handy when trying to figure out how much you can sell icebox for.

I think I like method #2 best. I'd use this feature most often for fixing shop SV, or for determining the price I can set for an oversold item. In both cases I'd only be setting one product type at a time, so method #2 offers the best visibility and flexibility.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

I'm looking to buy the following:

Tires at 60,000
    Motor-Car at 190,000

These prices are set to give you excellent profits per square. The motor-car makes as much money as it ever did if you sell it on the market, but much less money/square if you sell it in the shop. So here is an excellent money making opportunity for you.

Likewise, I'm offering to buy tires above the price they reached last round even though price pressures would naturally push the price lower this round.

You can just send me offers, or send me a PM to set up an arrangement. BTW, I'll gladly reciprocate your offers with my own offers of cheaper engines and car bodies.

-Dave

I intend to build an excess of car parts this round - engines and car bodies - and sell them cheap. My target price for these parts is 40,000.

If you'd like special deliveries, or would like to send me tires or motor-car in exchange send me a PM. BTW, I'll pay well for the tires, and cars so you'll be able to make more money under this deal.

So, you've noticed the large demand for steel, copper wire, and plastic. You've heard about how much money they can bring. But you see the current prices and you wonder how to make it all happen. Here's how.

Make the raw materials, and only ever sell them for max price. What's more always sell some of your materials to the market. Yes, the classified ads bring max cash right away, but these trades don't affect market prices. Say you have 540 plastic that you want to sell to make cash. Go ahead and satisfy requests for 500 plastic from the ads, but put the final 40 on the market for max price.

The prices for these materials should rise to 10,000 but it won't happen unless you put your stuff on the market for max price.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

I'd like to be able to assign a category to a building when I'm visiting it. Could you add this feature?

I find that often when I build a building I'll have to go to the overview then click on "1 buildings are not activated" so I can find the building and assign it a category. It would just be more convenient if I could set it right after I build it.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)