Beiträge von AussieInc

Zitat

Fifth, please read the manaul more carefully. You mentioned you have already read it, but you seem to have missed some very important points. The new players' faq would also help.

You know what, I DID read the manual. I also am not possessed of a business or economics degree - I DO have University education degrees - just not in business or economics. An Australian degree - worth much more than most American degrees! The manual is not exactly self-explanatory to those without an econonic or business background.

Please point out EXACTLY where the manual mentions that 1 month = 1 hour. I actually did a search - the only time the word "hour" is mentioned is the last page where it states that lack of logging in for 24 hours results in loss of account. I assumed one week because it appeared that seeding for the vineyard was in approximately 7 'units' of time.

Perhaps this game is aimed solely at economics or business students or graduates... If so, than that would be a very small section of the game player market, would it not?

I was interested in this game BECAUSE of my lack of economonic knowledge, not because of a surplus knowledge in the area (what is the point in that?) - and I love a challenge.

Perhaps there needs to be a manual that is aimed at non-economic/business students - if the game would like to widen it's player base.

I don't expect to be necessarily good at this game, simply to learn. In any society people at the bottom of the economic ladder (as I am likely to be in this game) are quite valuable aren't they?

Perhaps, for the economic/business student, the manual is probably very self explanatory. For the non economic/buiness student, it actually isn't.

I do feel as though my intelligence has been criticised...

Edit: I am now making a profit.

Hi,

Thank you both for your help! I tried again (lucky fouth) without the warehouse. The manual needs to tell us that we ALREADY have one! This is what I did:

I started an egg farm
    I started a milk farm
    I started a meat farm
    I started a fruit farm
    I started a grape farm
    All farms I put on 100% production, sending goods to the product warehouse.
    These were the products I found that only required farms and no processing or factories.

The egg and milk farm began producing immediately. The meat farm must have begun producing before update, but was not producing at the time of creation (evidence by shop sales). The fruit farm seeds in a few days and the grape farm seeds in about a week.

I figured that since these two took a while to begin producing that I should build them now, cope with the loss, temporarily until I get a profit, because I doubted that I would make a profit with just milk and eggs anyway.

Well, this morning I came back on to find that I made a 4,800 loss - much better! According to the Production Log, I seem in fact, to have run out of milk and meat for some reason, although those farms appears to be producing. Overproduction figure are negative (I assume this means that I have underproduced).

I'm thinking now that I should wait a day or so until my fruit and grapes begin to produce before adding any other buildings (I only have 866,000 left) - I would have to build two things anyway (farm and production factories). I figure then, that bread, roasted peanuts presevered meat - this would require another meat farm, since the original one can't keep up with sales.

What do you guys think? Am I heading in the right direction? Any feedback appreciated.

Hi,

I seem to not be able to get a start despite the tutorial. I started up egg and milk production farms as per tutorial 1, a shop as per tutorial 1 and a product warehouse (not mentioned in tutorial 1, but necessary according to the manual). I've tried both types of product warehouses (build and rent - rent appearing to be the most costly). We DO require a product warehouse don't we, afterall isn't that required for the eggs and milk in order to get them to the shop? However, the warehouses are 1,000,000 and appear to send me broke.

I have attempted several different tries:
    [list=1][*]building all as per the tutorial.
    [*]building the shop the next day to allow for production
    [*]I also tried the wood direction etc.
    [/list=1] All to no avail. I have ended up bankrupt three times. I get sales happening etc, but nowhere near enough to justify the running costs. It take only one day to get bankrupt. What the heck am I doing wrong?