Beiträge von Phantoman

I think it's a great idea, but lets max out the traded items (lines) to three or four at a time instead of a delay. therefore, one simply selects multiple items by clicking on them and then clicks on the buy button. the next screen appears to confirm the various traded items in a table form showing every trade, quantity, ql, rl and cost. It would also show items that did not make it through because other players bough them more rapidly.

JM

POWER CORPORATION

The maximum demand is 49 units and it occurs during winter mounts, while the demand for the rest of the year is 5 units. Therefore, to establish a production, my output should be (49+5+5+5)/4 = 16. If I set it to 49, it just keeps pilling-up in my warehouse. There are a few item that needs adjustment.

Regards,

JM

It would be nice to have the hability to specify how to sort (price, RL, QL, etc) the market place and classified adds in the option screen. Therefore, every time one go's to the market screen (or classified adds), the products would be sort according to the option selected. Personnaly, I prefer to sort by price...

J-M

First, I believe the developers are doing one hell of a good job with all the recent features that makes IT an interesting game yet slightly addictive (therefore not so much of a girlfriend on my back!).

Second, I like to think that IT is an economical simulation that let’s you buy and sell product according to Adam Smith’s theories, which is nicely accomplished. On the other hand, if one thing is for sure, the financial world we live in is quite unpredictable, which is definitely not the case in IT. The future in IT is too predictable! One will always know how much product he will sell and to what price. Therefore, I think there should be economical cycles that would spice-up the game play. Although I’m not too sure how it could be accomplished, these economical cycles would last a certain time (WU) and would favor and/or penalize certain business (Grocery, furniture, etc…) or even single products (milk is one the demand while oil is at the slow pace).

This is an idea from the top of my head which leaves a lot to be resolved, but for sure, IT would be less predictable.

JM

It would be interesting to sort, according to country (by clicking on the flag of the player), in the Highscores section. For example, if you want to compare your IT-Company score with compatriot players, then clicking on the flag would act as a second sort, the first being the IT-Company and the second being the country of origin. Simple addition to serve as a time killer between world update :thumbup:

Phantoman

Indeed, strings of companies would be connected together and as long as everyone keeps their share of the bargain, things should go smoothly. It would be interesting to see what would happen in case of delivery problems. Although chances are very slim, some companies could go bankrupt. These companies in difficulties could rely on the spot market to temporarily obtain what ever products they need in order to reorganize their chain of purchase. That would bring more interaction if not alliances between players. Pushing idea further, a reliability score could be established based on contract fulfillment. This score could indicate the requesting player if the offering player is serious or a joke. The contract would rely on trust just like in the capitalism world we live in…

Before you set up an industry scheme in order to offer a product on a contact bases, a detailed study of the market offer is necessary. For instance, I know now that plastic or rubber is rare commodities and I’m sure some players would be willing to have a secure delivery. This is the perfect situation for a contract agreement.

I don’t really know what else to say to support the idea, but I believe the developers should look over the possibilities for such a contract system. If they need my advice or assistance, I would be more than happy to help. Voilà…

Phantoman

Bingo Leguvan!!!

The idea would be to have an automated contract agreement between two parties. It differs from the actual offer system by periodically and automatically delivering the products to the requester on a monthly basis. This method would secure the requester’s supplies with desired quantities and qualities and would secure the offering player a steady income.

There are many advantages to this supplying agreement. One is to concentrate a player’s industries on its core business (raw goods, semi-finish products or end products) depending on its research level instead of having to sustain the entire chain of production from raw goods to end products (more building for final production = more money). It would help to stabilise the market price. The actual market would become a spot market for bulk exchange only due to over production. I think the spot market would still be in demand because player suffering production lose during building upgrade could buy products in order to keep up with own demand.

I think it would be a great addition

I've been playing the game for a few mounts and I find the concept great but lacking player interaction. Maybe I mist the idea of the offer hyperlink, but on way would be to contract supplying agreement with other players.

If one player is constantly producing a product, instead of sending the lot to the market once a while, he could post an offer stipulating the quantity, the quality, the frequency of delivery, starting and ending date of agreement.

On the other hand, if one player is desperately in need of a product, he could post a request for the same conditions mentioned above.

Once a player finds an offer or request that satisfies his needs, he send an invitation to the other player and negotiations can start. They negotiate on price and penalties if the above terms and conditions are not respected during the contract validity.

Of course, there would have to be an automatic function that allows the offering party to send the items to the requester. Once the products are received, the cash amount would be transferred to the offering party. If for some reasons the quantities or qualities of the products are not respected, than the offering player would be penalised according to the negotiated terms and conditions.

I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

Phantoman