Beiträge von Kahla

I read fluent typo. lol

Oh, by the way! This round should end either the last of April or the first of May, correct? I didn't see it actually posted anywhere, so I'm going by the dates from the last round.

Zitat

The norm of RL0 products and how many you sell varies. The higher the norm, the more you can from each piece. However, the quantity also complicates it. However, there are obvious choices, like eggs are not as good as wine

I understand - I can make far more profit per unit from shoes than I can from knitting needles, so raising the shoe QL would be the obvious wiser choice of the two. I learned from my cafe this round that while icecream gives less profit per unit than white coffee, I can sell far more icecream in a cafe than I can white coffee, so I actually make far more profit from the icecream each wu. And then some products require far more buildings than others, leaving less room for others - some things make enough profit to make that worthwhile, some don't. So it pays to sit down and look at all that before deciding. I'm still discovering all this stuff, but all the advice and info I've gotten here on the forum has been wonderfully helpful.

Zitat

The "overproduce" is not a clear defined line because the SuDe use inventory information for supply so if a certain product is used as semi-finished good, players would store them as raw goods, and throw the SuDe % off.

Ah, now it makes more sense! I wasn't clear on what the SuDe was using to determine it. Knowing that, it'll help me recognize which products might be misleading that way on the SuDe.

:)

Thank you once again, dktc. I really appreciate all the information. I can see how option one would benefit more in the long run. And it never occured to me to check whether one length option might be more cost-effective than the others.

Since I only started playing the last month of this round and never went beyond RL 7, I didn't get to experiment with the higher lines of production. So choosing which product QLs to raise is a gamble, since I might end up discovering I'm better off with completely other types later. But looking over the SuDe for other products periodically helps on that.

I'm still a bit unsure of pricing; a certain amount of trial and error seems necessary. I found one post that suggested using the norm price times 1.5 as long as it isn't overproduced, and that's been a good rule of thumb for many products. But some products at QL 0 seem to sell well in my shops for the highest price on the SuDe even when they're overproduced by a large amount. And of course pricing for the market is completely different than for the shop. Now I have the increased QL on some, which adds another factor to the mix. I have to hand it to the creators. I'm finding this all quite fascinating.

The one thing I wish we had here was a way to see how many units a building will produce. The most cotton a farm will produce when upgraded to level ten is 20 units. That's quite a difference from wheat, which produces far more than that at level 0. So that makes it difficult when you're trying to decide what new line to begin in a limited amount of building space. But you can bet I'm keeping lists of those I've been able to find out for future rounds!

New question on the same subject. Would you say that it's better to raise the QL:
    1. for a select few products by a lot,
    2. or spread the available capital over a wider variety of products, increasing them each by smaller amounts (say 6 QL) with the intention of raising those further in future rounds?
    Any opinions?

Unfortunately, the longest bits of playing time I have are right before and after bed. Other than that, I can only jump in for a few minutes here and there. So let's hope I do learn not to do it over time! I'll cross my fingers. lol

Ahhhh, that's the part I misunderstood! Thank you both. I'll have to wait until I'm richer for that. Like maybe sometime next round. :P

I would really like to see a confirmation page added to the building upgrade button.

I'm one of those people who sometimes accidentally hits upgrade when I really just want to visit. You'd think after having made that mistake a few times, I'd be careful enough not to do it again. But when it's the wee hours of the morning and I'm getting over-tired, that's when it happens. Imagine finally getting a product system running perfectly and then when you mean to activate your last building, you accidentally click upgrade to level 9. Yup, that's what I did last time. Doh!

I'm confused as to why chocolate cake isn't showing up on the menu of items to research for QL in my research building.

Chocolate cake is RL 6. I have RL 7. I can make chocolate cake, I can sell chocolate cake in my shops, but I can't research the QL.

Am I missing something?

Somehow I totally missed seeing this thread until just now. Must mean I need to clean my glasses. Or come to the forum AFTER I've had my morning coffee! I'd certainly participate if it happened again next year. Very nice of you to offer it, dktc. =)

Note to self: don't forget to look at the off-topic board, silly!

Well, the problem resolved itself for awhile, but it's happening again. I haven't been able to login all day.

It isn't a problem with the game itself (a reply from support confirmed that too). Probably a router problem or some other mysterious generic techy thing, and the game admin have no control over that, of course. There was a game I played on many years ago where people in certain areas frequently had difficulty logging in due to router problems in Seattle. So it may be a similar thing.

I know there's no help for it but to wait it out. Just to satisfy my curiosity, if anyone else is experiencing similar difficulty, please post a reply. I'm just wondering whether it's affecting people in a certain area. I'm in the Northeast part of the US, by the way - Pennsylvania.

I wasn't able to reach the login page using the alternate address either. My firewall is currently disabled, so that can't be the problem. I went ahead and sent out that email to support.

It might be something as simple as a router problem somewhere between my computer and the game, for all I know. I'm not very knowledgeable on such things.

In the meantime, I'll keep trying to log in. My poor cafe is going to run out of materials. :P

Thanks very much for the reply. I'll cross my fingers! =)

Just wondering whether there might be a problem with the game server at the moment. I haven't been able to get to the login page for over an hour, but the forum and portal are loading fine. I'm not having a problem on any other sites.

Ah, now I understand! And now that I read your response, it does make a lot of sense that way.

Truthfully, I'm better off making my mistakes and learning from them this round. It's my first one, and I started it late, so I consider it more or less just practice. I'm already a huge fan.

I thank you once again, dktc! :)

I think I made a mistake, but I'm not sure.

I built a farm and left it in standstill until the beginning of the month it's supposed to seed. It should have seeded 5/122 and harvest 12/122.

But when I look at the page, it says next seeding 5/123 and next harvest 12/123. So now I'm wondering whether I needed to take it out of standstill the month before the seeding. It looks as though I won't get a harvest this year after all, unless I'm misunderstanding this.
    So... did I mess that up? If so, I'd rather put it back into standstill since it won't do a thing but cost money for another year.

Aha, that narrows the problem down a great deal, because I know the tea bushes never got to my warehouse. Thanks, dktc, that helps a great deal. I'll try it again once I have the cash for it and make absolutely sure it isn't some silly mistake on my part. Then if it happens again, I'll contact the admin. :)

I appreciate the help, dktc.

You're right, three warehouses, sorry. I did check them all. I'm sure the WU wasn't the issue because I tried making and selling tea three times - each time I checked the results it was a few hours later. The cardboard was still sitting in the raw resources warehouse and no tea had sold in the shop.

I bought the appropriate number of tea bushes, double-checked the raw goods warehouse to be sure I had the right amount of cardboard ready, and also made sure the buildings were all activated properly.

BUT - I was surprised that when I buy the tea bushes, they don't show up in my warehouses like other resources would. I just assumed that it was set up differently for things purchased from the harbor. Should they be showing up there? The money was subtracted when I purchased them, so I just had to assume that was normal.

If that does sound normal, then I'll just have to try once more very carefully and see whether I can identify what's going wrong. Maybe I'm just making a simple newbie-ish mistake somewhere along the line.

And there is 0 for sale in my shop, which seems even more confusing. It's as if the tea just goes into limbo once it's made.

My production log says I'm overproducing tea and that there's 62 in storage. I had assumed that storage meant warehouse but maybe I'm just totally confused. There is no tea in either warehouse.

So...

Where is the tea?

Can I not sell the excess on the market?

If it's in some sort of storage that I can't access, then will it at least replenish the shop when the current inventory runs out?