Beiträge von dktc

Zitat

Originally posted by Kahla
    John, I am so glad to see someone other than myself asking questions here - sometimes I wonder if I'm the only English-speaking newbie on the game. lol

Some ask in chat in-game.

Zitat

For instance, not all seasonal products are as obvious as summer and winter clothing to those who've never ventured into those lines. Being able to recognize those would help to determine the best time to sell materials required for them. If I know that milk sells better in the summer and meat sells better in the winter...

The data for seasonal goods is listed in their shops. The "SSAW" indicate how many units would be sold in each season.

Zitat

I encourage you to ask here on the forum if it still leaves you wondering about some things.

What she said.

hmm... I am not sure if the warehouse is the sole reason that cause you to go broke [Blockierte Grafik: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif] . If you build a warehouse, it cost 1,000,000. Which type you built is not important (as long as it is built, not rent) because it doesn't affect your operation. You have 1.5 million left, which is enough for the chicken farm, cattle ranch, and grocery as stated in the tutorial. If your settings are correct you should still make money [Blockierte Grafik: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif].

I think the problem either lies on your setting (ie. you didn't set the products to sell in the shop, or you didn't build the shop), or it is because this tutorial is problematic (sorry to point that out :P ). The problem for this tutorial is that having one chicken farm and one cattle ranch producing milk and eggs will not keep your shop worth (sw) up. Thus, you will be able to sell less than you produce after several wu. Someone need to revise this tutorial (anyone volunteering? :P ).

I am not too sure about what type of "utilities" you mean. If you mean some sort of scripts (which is consistent with calculating supply...), then...

According to en.industrie-tycoon.de/rules.html

§7 All interactions within the game have to be done by the player as human. External tools or scripts acting in the game are forbidden. Concerned accounts will be deleted

If you mean spreadsheet, databases... those kind of supplements which don't interact with the game, I am sure quite a number of players have them (including me). I am not going to share mine because not even I can use them efficiently (ie. I set up useless spreadsheets :rolleyes: ).

As for german thread, the only one I could think of is about joining our chat channel while you have certain anti-virus. If you have problem with that, let us know and someone would find you the link. As for other things... if they don't show up in the manual or the faq, they aren't important :P . If you have read Q19 of the faq and a recent post under the "researching ql" thread here, you know as much about the pricing policy as you would. Regarding the "irregularities", again I am not sure what you mean ?( .

This round should end on 30 April. Last wu would be 24:00mn, 30 April, server time (CET). Reset would occur about 5~10 minutes later. First wu for next round will be 12:00nn, 1 May, server time. The announcement for round reset usually doesn't get post until a couple of days before the reset... so I guess I beat stdok or maikel to it :P (... and no, I don't mean beating them until they get to it :rolleyes: )

Zitat

I learned from my cafe this round that while icecream gives less profit per unit than white coffee, I can sell far more icecream in a cafe than I can white coffee, so I actually make far more profit from the icecream each wu.

Yea, icecream is nice.

Btw, how did you manage to read what I wrote? I got a verb left out and used 2 "however"s back to back :rolleyes: .
    Note to self: don't post at 5 am next time :P

Zitat

Since I only started playing the last month of this round and never went beyond RL 7, I didn't get to experiment with the higher lines of production. So choosing which product QLs to raise is a gamble, ...

What I meant was simply for the same amount of research costs (same lvl of research facility), you would get different yields. The norm of RL0 products and how many you sell varies. The higher the norm, the more you can from each piece. However, the quantity also complicates it. However, there are obvious choices, like eggs are not as good as wine :rolleyes: .

Zitat

I'm still a bit unsure of pricing; ... But some products at QL 0 seem to sell well in my shops for the highest price on the SuDe even when they're overproduced by a large amount.

Max shop selling price = norm*(1.5 + ql/100)
    I believe that is the formula you have read. The "overproduce" is not a clear defined line because the SuDe use inventory information for supply so if a certain product is used as semi-finished good, players would store them as raw goods, and throw the SuDe % off.

Zitat

The one thing I wish we had here was a way to see how many units a building will produce.

This has been reflected and the admins have recently add the units one could sell in shop to the product page in portal. As for units a building could produce.... I can't answer that for the admins.

Although they both have their advantages, I found that option one could be better.

General Advantages and Disadvantages:

option 1:
    >Pros
    - Concentrated on a few products and improved a lot
    - If you start with them anyway, you get a bigger increase (by %) at the start.
    - You can knock everything of the same industry down and just produce them when you move on further into the round.
    >Cons
    - You only have ql for those few products, making you quite inflexible
    - Higher initial research costs

option 2:
    >Pros
    - Lower initial research costs
    - Flexibility
    >Cons
    - The increase in revenue may not do you much good until several days into the round when you are making all the goods.
    - If you have limited buildings space (say you could make one more production chain), you would probably make less money.

These are the general pros and cons. You can see that they are about the same. However, if you plan on to increase the ql further, you may want to ask yourself how many high ql products could you afford to research at the same time. You would probably need to research a high ql product on its own (1 facility only), or you would have to research it with other low ql products (more than 1 facility). It may take a while (probably serveral rounds) for you to be able to afford researching more than one high ql product (be it RL 0). So, option 1 is better in the long run.

The other factor you need to consider is that the selling price increase in % with the ql. That is you put the same amount into research, but it may not have the same yield. Take fabric and knitting needles as example, the same increase in ql could result in a huge difference between the 2 products in term of profit. So, choose wisely which product to research.

Lastly, researching with 5/40 option is the cheapest, assuming you would research to q100 eventually and you increase your price to the max shop selling price whenever your ql increase. The 6/48 is more convenient though, because it ends at the same time every two days.

Yep, you need to upgrade your research facility, which would cost an additional 500k per wu upkeep for every level upgraded.

You would get to a point where you would not make that mistake anymore :D ... either by playing IT long enough... or did it enough times to know not to click on a building (even try to visit one) within 2 hours of getting out or into your bed ;) . I am one of the laters :P . This is a good idea though.

Sry.... :(
    You were the one that said you don't know about China or Japan... just giving you more information.

Zitat

Originally posted by stdok
    Beweispflicht mittels Personalausweis.
    Jo geniale Idee ;). Wobei ich leichte Probleme mit habe, wie in China oder Japan diese Sachen aussehen.

This should not be a problem because China do have ID cards. They are legally mandated. As for Taiwan... i am not too sure, but you could ask for passport, which they would have. Don't forget there are Chinese players here who could actually read their names and determine whether they are really related (in the same household instead some friends helping out while only one person actually plays). ;)

As for using the same IP for players in university, unless they only log in from public computers, they should still have individual ip address.

I would prefer if someone else would offer the april fool next year. Reasons? Simple... it is hard to think of something that could fool a large amount of players... and they would be guarded towards me. Afterall, I can't pull the same stunt again, can I? :P

Btw, it is easy to just watch for the icons at the index page. They would indicate the boards with unread posts for you. ;)

Easter eggs can't be sold anywhere. It is only for the event that will end at mid-night April 9 (Server time) which is less than 2 hours away as of now.

i am online just fine ?(

use en.work.industrie-tycoon.de instead of en.game.---

if that still doesn't work, send an email to support@industrie-tycoon.de and let the admins know (what happened, browser type, company name, player id if you remember)

oh... and check the setting of your firewall if you have one.

good luck ;)

I guess the problem lies on the month concept. The wu is pratically 0:00 of the first day of that month (that is wu between 4/xx and 5/xx is the 0:00 of May 1 or 24:00 of April 30). If you treat it that way, you would understand the situation of farms and forward transaction a lot easier.

To answer your question, yes you need to change the setting the month before to get anything out of a farm. It is like giving an order to the workers to come to work the next month, and your secretary make the call for you at the wu. If you do it in 5/xx, the next wu is the beginning of 6/xx already. As a result, seeding time (the hour of 5/xx) is missed. Frankly, the cost of farm is not that high. I think you could spare 2~3k a wu just to make sure you have harvest ;) .

ok... I am giving away a one month advertising free account of IT to an IT-player. Just click on this link and input your player's id and company name in the comment space in that thread from now till Thusday (5 April, 07). I will draw a player from the comments I received and pay for an one-month ads-free accounts.

I apologize if you feel insulted and I know you know what straight line is. The problem is that there are others who don't. If you would spend some time in chat and talk to some new players, you would understand where I come from. I may be be arrogant but I don't look down on people (... not the first time I was told that I am cocky... maybe it is a culture thing because everytime, it is an American <--- no racists / discrimination meant). One thing that forum (or any electronic communication channels) is bad at, is transmitting emotions and tones of speech. The receivers often interpret the message in a different way than the senders do, so this is not surprising that you would see my previous post in a different way than I have intented to (<-- proofed in the academic field of communication).

As for your overall picture, I get it. But then again, I assume I have problems in relaying my ideas because you and subhash both misunderstood me. As I have said, it is not a bad idea. It could be useful in rl research (if the admins want to) but the effect of depreciating buildings is not that big. You said that you want to iron out the spikes, my point is the spikes would still be there because of the small effect. At the same time, the opportunity to build in the same wu that has a big revenue is taken away.

Regarding proofing theories to oneself, do you think really think that is enough? (<---- ok.... "cockiness" again :rolleyes: ). I mean it is the consent form others which is important for establishing a theory. If not, it is only a hypothesis and one could believe in what one wants to (<--- very objectively stated, purely academic point of view, no offense / insult intented).

Discussion in forums or in business meetings always have disagreements. If you just give up and go (like you seem to in your previous post), then you may never get through to me. It is also unprofessional in the standards of a lot pf people to just rant and give up. Again, if you feel insulted I apologize, but it is nothing personal.

eh... you really are a bit too new to this game... so... maybe we should use my "off my head" figures ;)

Same layout with my figures...
    Looking at depreciation for several buildings. I usually buy 3 buildings at once. Lets average that to 400k each, thats only 1.2 mil spread over a year..

Then i upgrade each, first time wont be too expensive, lets say 80k each, now thats 1.44 mil spread over a year.

Next two months theres an average of only 120k a month or so in dep. So 1.2mil left, Then i upgrade again, 160k a pop, 1.2M + 0.48M = 1.68M needs to be depreciated.

Next 3 months lets say 140k in dep, = 1.26M, upgrade again, 240k each, = 1.98M in the account that needs to be depreciated, 165k per wu.

See? The depreciation expenses really aren't much at all.

Another point is that strictly speaking, this is not straight line depreciation. Straight line is that all buildings are depreciated through an estimated life time in equal proportion for all periods. Here, the buildings are not depreciated based on life time and they are not depreciated equally for each period (the leftover are added in with the new and divided into 12 again ;) ). Although the name doesn't really matter here, I would like to clarify that point.

Anyway, as I have stated, it really isn't effective to depreciate buildings. They are too cheap and if you have the cash to build them, either you have a pretty steady income which may not be that much, or you have a huge sum in a wu which you could just build the buildings that wu to avoid tax.

Btw, steelmills cost 600k each :P