Beiträge von dktc

Hi,

Welcome to IT. I am not an admin but I would say that you should let them know your company names (both yours and your brother's) and don't trade with each other regardless of the situation. If you don't want to disclose the information to the public, email to support@industrie-tycoon.de

Zitat

Originally posted by Kahla
    While that's true, the SuDe doesn't show norm prices for raw goods. In that case, what I would suggest is that you watch the market for that particular good for a day or so before setting up your industries that require them.

Or use the norm of end-products to calculate if the prices of raw goods are reasonable.

Each product has a standard price (norm) at the start of the round. The norm of goods that could be sold in shops would remain unchanged throughout the round. The prices for goods that are not sold in shops would vary according to successful trades in the market. The max and min your are allowed to sell the goods at to other players or to market is 0.75 and 1.25 of norm respectively. The maximum price you could ask for in shop is norm*(1.5+ql/100).

Hope this helps. If you really need to know the norm for each a and every single end-products, go to SuDe. The norm is shown there.

Zitat

Originally posted by John Smythe
    How is everyone else doing? :)

- Making cars, which is a huge disappointment at the finance department.
    - Trying to research the method of melting cans down and turning precious metals to iron :P
    - Trying to save up for ql research
    - Trying to stop Kahla from surpassing me ;)

To conclude... not doing well enough :P

Correction | Korrektur:

das forschungsgebäude lvl0 kann nur produkte von fl 0 upgraden
    ......fg...........................lvl1.................................fl 0 - 5
    ......fg...........................lvl2.................................fl 0 - 10

Zitat

Additional note about QL - The QL of a finished (or semi-finished) item is an average of the QL of its required materials, up to the maximum of my product's QL. For instance, if I have researched cocoa to QL 10, but I am using cocoa beans and milk at QL 0, then my resulting cocoa will be at QL 0 because of the inferior materials used. So either I must research cocoa and all its materials to QL 10, or I'll need to buy my materials at that QL from someone else.

Further correction:

The QL of a finished (or semi-finished) item is an average of the QL of its required materials and itself, up to the maximum of the product's QL. For instance, if I have researched cocoa to QL 10, but I am using cocoa beans and milk at QL 0, then my resulting cocoa will be at QL 3 because of the inferior materials used (see Hal's calculation above).

Zitat

As usual, only Dktc is likely to know.

Nah... a lot of players know. Where do you think I learnt all these? The problem is getting them to post in the english forum ;)

I don't know about the iron ore problem. So far I am able to stock up relatively easy (and I am talking about stocking up for 24 hours+). The price is up a little bit but is still more than reasonable. It will go up further when people starts producing motor-cars.

Kahla, your RL is a good bit ahead of a lot of people ;) You are doing quite well.

Shops sell 5% more of the previous level. Some say that lvl 1~3 are worth it.

To me, whether it is worth it depends on the drop of prices for the goods sold in the shop. If you can't sell, then why bother?

Various forms of stock market have been discussed in the chat channel from time to time. Granted your suggestion does not involve players buying the stock, there are still a couple of major concerns.

1. If you calculate the data based on Profit margin, company value, market share,... the big companies would be the ones benefiting from this system. Some would argue that the "status quo" do not need anymore help, and that the gap between the wealthy and poor should not be widen anymore than it is now.

2. If you use data from Highscore list, it does not reflect the business size, and potential. The manufacturer and vendor scores are particularly irrelevant to investment decisions by investors.

I am not saying that I oppose this suggestion, but rather, I am pointing out the challenges behind implementing it. The above issues should be resolved before the feature is add. If not, it could result in being another bank.

Zitat

Dktc, I do hope you will stay around, even as an "emeritus" guide to newcomers. :P

I will be around... but my summer job is soooooo tiring. I just feel like going to bed right after work :P

Zitat

Originally posted by KahlaIn summers past, we've sometimes had connection problems during holidays or rainy periods. That sort of thing could easily bankrupt me, since it's been known to keep me off for anywhere from several hours to a few days in previous years.

Who knows what would happen tomorrow? Last winter, I had problems getting online due to an earthquake in Taiwan :rolleyes: A reason why I don't depend solely on cafe ;)

Zitat

:( That's not very encouraging...

*imagines dktc shaking his head sadly* :P

Let's say the demand for ql 0 goods is stronger than that of ql 100, and that should be very encouraging. ;)

Nah... sorry, I am too busy to have time to shake my head :P

I am buying part of my raw material from the market too. However, I do maintain a double figure inventory (that is, I have more than 10 wu worth of stock when I logout, usually more than 15~20 wu). I did not bother to do that when I am online for like 10 hours every day, on and off. But now, I am working that 10 hours without computer access. :rolleyes:

I don't think cafe is really doing that good right now. Granted, it is doing better than furniture, but that is only because furniture is really really really bad! For a wu, I had less than 200k revenue from cafe, but that of my furniture is consistently under 200k ;(

I am actually considering vacation mode. But then, everytime I log on, I would have to bother stdok to activate it again, and I don't think I could stay away for long.

norm price is just a price with a name. For goods sellable in shop, it is a fixed price. For others (raw goods), it is average of min max. It doesn't matter what the QL is.

As for the selling price in shop, I heard that it had happened that the same product with higher QL could sell for less than that of QL 0. So, buying QL goods from market isn't always gonna give you more profit.

Max shop selling price = norm*(1.5+(ql/100))
    so... with q73, it would be norm*2.23

The problem is that alot of products are already dropping in prices. The higher the ql, the quicker the price drop. It is not surprising if you can't sell them at max. I can't either.

What to do depends on what you could use. If you research more RL but don't have the building spaces for the new products, the RL would not do any good. If you want to get higher RL and get into the new industries, upgrading the factories would be a waste of money.

Generally, if you want to stay in the current industries, whether research Rl would depend on the level of the products. If there is a new product within, say, a coupleof RL, that would probably be a good idea. Upgrading buildings is like a must if you want to keep your current setting till the end of the round and focus on QL research. However, whether it is effcient to focus on QL this early is debatable. If you focus on QL right now, having excess funding would be a very good idea. The higher the QL you research, the more $$ you need. Therefore, you may not have enough profit later on to support your QL research.

If upgrading buildings, you would want to upgrade all the building in the same production chain at the same time. It would save you some headaches.

Remember this is a game, if your settings make you feel stressed, you may want to change it. You don't want this to be work ;) .

Zitat

(a) Worst case scenario...how far can shop prices drop if oversupply is really bad and everyone is actively trying to sell in the shops.

What I heard was that the prices should not drop below norm for you to be able to sell the quantity for that season (if seasonality applies).

Zitat

What is the worst you've seen?

Norm... well... actually... not really. I set my price slightly below norm and was told by someone else that I could sell at just a little above norm.

Zitat

And in a more general sense, any idea on average drops for oversupplied industries like DIY or furniture.

Hmm.... can't say... maybe a drop of 20~30%?

Zitat

Where can I see how many buildings I already have? What page?

Go to "option". Activate your profile. Then go to "players online" and click on your "little man" icon.

The steel price will go up again. But probably not as high as last round.

You should research RL first. Get your RL a little higher and produce some more lucrative goods. You have to have more profit to support your ql research. Quite a lot of players make non-RL0 goods which they have no ql.

You need 10 lvl0 farms to support one lvl0 textile factory that makes fabrics.

P.S. You won't see me for a while (maybe 2 ~ 3 days). I am flying home :]

Zitat

I had a similar situation with icecream last round. Most of the time, I sold 30 per WU, but now and then the purchases would drop. It didn't seem to last very long, though. Whether that's always the case or not, I couldn't say. But things could pick up again with those products.

It is the case most of the time, for seasonal products. People don't buy / eat icecream in winter. ... Well, ... at least people except americans (... who wear short-sleeves and slippers, eating an icecream at around 0 degree celcius :rolleyes: ... not uncommon in my uni).

Fabrics = factory in German
    Fabrics = stoffe in English
    => stoffe = factory? :P :D

*sigh*... I shouldn't have built those furnitures :(

But back to the topic... it is all stdok's fault :P changing the demand back (just joking). And yes, at the beginning, you should be able to sell all. Then, when the supply reach a certain point, you sales in low seasons weaken. Many would say that producing the average is better choice. I like dropping the price, and in decrements dependent on my mood at that time. A third choice would be selling the over-production on market, which I sometimes do. The best choice would be the one that make the most money.

Trying different prices in different shops... hmm... if you try different shops and see which perfrom, you would be wasting money. Some new players like to do that, and there is nothing wrong with it if you are experimenting. Other not so new players should not be doing that. Trying different prices is quite common, although I don't have the patience for it.

Zitat

Originally posted by Amanda Grayson
    You stay flexible and are able to change the production of your fabrics according to which product you can buy at the moment and which not.

By "fabrics", she means "factories" ;)

I may try it out sometime ... or maybe not :P