Best Vendor Scores

• Has anything changed / gone wrong in best vendor,

A few of the top scores dont seem possible from my understanding of how its calculated.

eg Scheni has scored 180000 in 10 wu's with 13 stores, thats 1384 per shop per wu.

A level 10 car dealer at sw 150 could sell a maximum of 3.4million at the sude quoted normal prices, I think the factor for sales to points is about 10,000 giving a maximum of 340 per shop per wu.

I cant see any shop type with a total sales amount better than cars.

Eines Tages war das Geschrei so groß, das Thomas die Produzenten und Verkäufer Highscore verändert hat. Von da an wurde es noch einfacher mit der Autobranche Punkte zu machen....

Im laufe dieser Runde wurde ein kleine Änderung in die Verkäufer Highscore eingebaut, die schon einiges bewirkt hat. Nicht mehr die Masse an produzierten und verkauften Produkte einer Branche bewirkt das man in der Verkäufer Highscore vorne mitspielt, sondern die Vielfalt an verkauften Produkten der verschiedenen Branchen hilft um Punkte zu Gewinnen.

Which Google translates to:

Zitat

One day the screams so great that Thomas, the producer and seller's[high score] has changed. From then on it was still easier to do with the auto industry points.

During this round, small change in the seller's score has been installed, which has already caused some. No more mass produced and sold products of an industry in which one causes the seller's Highscore plays along the front, but the variety of products sold of the various industries, for points to win.

So, yes there appears to be a change in the way vendor score is made - and it appears that selling stuff that others don't sell will give you a larger vendor score than previously possible. It would be cool to have an explanation of how this works here.

• Thanks for finding that Dave.

I noticed the scoring in Vendor had changed around mid-september when I dropped from scoring in the top-10 to approximately 60th. It would indeed be very interesting to know how the vendor score now works.

The English manual still shows the following (which is clearly out of date);

Best-Vendor

You get points for the sales in your shop.
    Basis of calculation (norm sales price * amount sold
    )

I am now rather at a loss as to what strategy to follow without some indication of how the vendor score is calculated. I am not too bothered at the moment as I have somewhat messed up this round. But it would be much appreciated if a friendly, multilingual German colleague could translate the new rules for us English speakers :)

TB Ltd.

• Just a further thought, and tying in with your ideas on other threads about spicing up the game;

If Thomas has not actually published the full details of the calculation for Best Vendor then it might be an idea to keep the full details secret from all the players. Then it would give us all a challenge working out what tactics would bring the best score. This would be similar to when the ROI table showed very little detail of what players were scoring each day.

(Just a spur of the moment thought, so feel free to shoot this one down 8) )