It's a Close Game This Time - Who will get best high score?

• This round we have 4 players who are close to getting high score:

1Stora Enso Ltd. 43,210
    2 Fun-Factory GmbH 42,732
    3 One-Stroke LLC 42,712
    4 RedViper GbR 42,400

For the last few days the players in 2-4th place have been gaining on Stora Enso each day. If things continue as they are going, Stora Enso will lose his first place position in a week or two. As far as I can see this game can still be won by any of these four players.

• 36 days left. So, everthing is still possible. :)

I could imagine, Stora Enso or you will finish in 1st place.

I'm out of this challenge because I focus on IT2 at the moment. :D

I just research a lot and check my account 1 time a day. That's all. =)

Good luck to you all.

• I play the round just a little more intense and deliberately high score. Let's be surprised what comes 8)

• Yeah, I noted that, too. :)

RedViper plays also very successfully, I guess, but I think that he has not that much quality researched yet.

We will see. :P

• These are the changes in High-score since yesterday. Red Viper, Fun-Factory, and One-Stroke tend to get more points daily than Stora Enso. I've been tracking my closing rate with Stora Enso and if things go as they have been going this last week, I'll overtake him in 10-14 days. So, I predict I'll finish this round ahead of him. I don't know about Red Viper and Fun-Factory though. Some days I get more points than they do and some days I don't. So in that way it's very much up in the air.

850 Stora Enso Ltd.
    911 One-Stroke LLC
    883 Fun-Factory GmbH
    922 RedViper GbR
    825 BERKEI LASTING INDUSTRIES GmbH
    781 USA Ltd
    868 preetz GbR
    774 The Phoenix Club GbR

• I can gain lots of points after manufacturing motor-cars, as you can find enclosed. ^^
    As I reach RL50 my daily points begin to decrease.

Each round same thing. ^^

Maybe this is due to high reaearch costs and the fact that at this point of time many other players reach FL34 and can catch up.

But I don't aim any high placing. I just play and research and nearly everything is manufactured by in-house production.

• Stora has hidden reserves, last time when Top Barms over took him he really stepped his scoring up so no counting chickens.

I dont think you can research QL and go for the title as the building maintenance costs really hurt your ROI score.

I'm looking forward to the run in, this will be my first proper go at the title.

• I know the research hampers ROI. It's 3 squares that aren't productive and it costs a few million per WU to maintain the buildings. All said, my current research probably reduces my ROI by about 15%. I don't really expect to win this round, I expect to come in second to Red Viper while Stora Enso comes in third.

I'm excited because after a long time of losing to Stora Enso, I'll best him. Now I'm frustrated that I'm being bested by Red Viper. :evil:

Yes it's too early to count the chickens, but it's not too early to make predictions.

• Scoring is different now than it was in the past. I agree that in the past a player could win with a good vendor score and good manufacturing score and a mediocre ROI. Now ROI is king and vendor/manufacturing score take a back seat. Sure you need to do well in V/M but I get roughly 5th place each round, and I do nothing special for V/M. ROI on the other hand is the one where the most variability is introduced for each player, and the one where the front runners can not score in the top 5, ever.

So, what's the point of QL? It's good in making ROI.

• I predict Germany will win the World Cup.

I predict Spain will win. :P

Back on topic.

Today I passed Stora Enso in high score. I wasn't sure it was going to happen this round. I was steadily gaining on him but the rate of gain was steadily decreasing. Lucky for me, it looks like he couldn't get to his computer for a while, and was unable to keep selling the stratospheric level of goods he was selling. Now that I've passed him, I think it is very unlikely that he'll be able to regain the lead. My style of play means that each day I get a very good score even if I can't come to the computer each day. This style leaves me vulnerable to players who can log in two times a day every day for two months, but I doubt there are many players who can keep up that sort of schedule. I certainly couldn't.

I predict now that I will win this round. Red Viper is still in good position to win it, but has not been able to gain much ground on average over the last few weeks. Yes, he's within 100 points of the lead, but it's hard to consistently gain a lot of points. Red Viper gained 23 points on me yesterday, but I gained 28 points on him today. So although it's not hard to make 10 or 20 points in a day over the leader, it's really hard to get consistent gains of even 8 or 10 points per day.

\o/

• OFFTOPIC:

I don't know if you even know, that it is plannend to close IT after 2 or 3 further rounds? Maybe there's hope to continue the game but Maikel & Thomas (stdok) will stop their activities on IT.

IT2 has been sold to another company but not IT1.

I think you should be informed, too. Not just the German players. :(

• Maybe we reached the point of time when everything is over... I agree with you that QL is now irrelevant but no one expected this bad surprise. :(

But let us wait and hope for the best... :)

I just wanted to let you all know.

• Puts more pressure on getting a win this round.

One Stroke
    Write me off at your peril. A lot can happen in the final few days. I know I'm preparing for a final push.

P.S.

QL's are a good thing so dont go knocking down any research buildings

• Red Viper, I saw what's been happening the last few days, and I see how you will win, and I will get second place. I had thought you had low ROI for a long time despite having a low company value because you didn't have the research or capability to make a lot of money. Now I see that you were making less money for a long time so you would have a lower company value and the ability to make large gains in ROI for the last few weeks of the game. Well played.

It's funny how quickly predictions can turn out all wrong, and plans can be proven to be inferior.

Next round I will forgo research and make a run at high score from the start. It never seemed imperative before to stop QL research in favor of increased chances to win the game. Now that there are few rounds left, it changes things. I would consider stopping my QL research this round except for three things. 1st, tearing down a level 7 research facility would hurt my company value and ROI so greatly that I'd loose more points than I could gain from the following days of lower building maintenance costs. 2nd, I still can't make QL 100 LPKW. 3rd, I'd still get second place even if I didn't have the first two problems.

• It is hard to say what happened because Stora Enso is on vacation. He has set his production for only seven shops and ready. And though he loses a few points.

I lose points because I always take away 4-7 buildings and build new high score for the event.

But I get four Medailien, which pleases me well

• I think you have to focus on research for many rounds to establish a basis on gaining a high placing in highscore.
    It took me up to know (I'm playing since the end of 2008) to reach QL100 motor-cars, fridges, ice-boxes and QL 70 luxury motor- and citycars.

And such goods are absolutely necessary to gain a high placing and stay competitive in this "fight". ^^

But knowing that there are possibly just some rounds left, researching is less important and you can contentrate on gaining points.

For me it never was important to reach a high placing... I manufactured in self-production and researched at full capacity.

I planned to pause IT1 for some rounds because of less time. Maybe I have to think about conituing the next round. ^^