"Buy all displayed goods" button

• It happens to me very often (and I am sure to other players also) that i have to click on 10-20 "Buy" buttons on the market to purchase one type of goods in the amount I desire.
    So, my suggestion is to have a button (preferebly above the listed goods) that will buy them all. Possibly after a confirmation.

• I agree that there should be a way to buy multiple items at one time. I prefer the method where you can select several items at one time and then hit the "buy all selected" button. You could combine this with a "select all" button for two-click shopping.

I suggested something like this last year(see link at bottom) and Kahla of Bold Enterprises mentioned that this can cause problems for people with slow internet connections. After much thought I think this problem could be solved with a built-in delay. So you could click twice to buy all, then you would have to wait a couple seconds while the timer gave others an opportunity to buy it out from under you. That way you have the convenience of buying dozens of items quickly, and people who are desperate to buy can do that quickly with the method we've always had.

After the purchase is made, a screen should be displayed to show how much was actually purchased. You could have tried to buy 2,000 items but only bought 1,500 because some selected items were bought between the time the screen was originally displayed and the time when the order went through.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

Article from last year:
    4 easy steps to speed up trading

• Now there's a thought. If the delay was only applied to the multiple purchase, then those of us with terminally slow connections could still opt to use the (no delay) single purchase method. As long as the high-speed people didn't find the delay more annoying than it's worth, it sounds as though it would even out the disadvantage to our slower speed players. Very interesting idea, Dave.

• I think it's a great idea, but lets max out the traded items (lines) to three or four at a time instead of a delay. therefore, one simply selects multiple items by clicking on them and then clicks on the buy button. the next screen appears to confirm the various traded items in a table form showing every trade, quantity, ql, rl and cost. It would also show items that did not make it through because other players bough them more rapidly.

JM

POWER CORPORATION

• I still go for the delay. There are many many times where I want to purchase 20 lines at a time. A two second delay (with a fun timer to watch) is much preferable and faster. I'd venture to say that you can't buy 4 orders of the cheapest steel in 2 seconds. I think the delay is faster in almost all situations and vastly faster in most.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

• instead of just buy all displayed there should just be the selection buttons as suggested as then you can buy all the ones you want exacly and so miss out trades that for emaple only have 10 units which have no real relevence to you etc...

so turn the action coloum into tick boxes then at the bottom have the buy button, thus keeping the menus smaller and more efficent :D