The price in the shops

• I am selling currently "motor-cars". Why is the demand constantly droping?
    Several days ago the SuDe for the motor-cars was above 500% and i could sell the cars at higher price than now. The SuDe now is 480%.
    Why?

How is the demand and the required price calculated?

• The Demand is only calculated by "Total Sales" - so take about 10 000 000 for an example
    If the cars are sold for 500000, then 20 cars could be sold. If the price is falling to 400 000, then 25 cars could be sold.
    The sinking SuDe is in my humble opinion just a "evidence" for the sinking prices in the shops.
    If some carsellers have lower prices than others, they are sold out first. I do not know how QL is taken in account in this calculation.

But I hope I could help you a little bit.

Greetz,
    HAL

• Someone from the developers should really explain how the economy in this game works.

The SuDe dropped a little more. But I still have to lower the prices if i want to sell the max. motor-cars. What is actually the SuDe and what does the value 480% represent?

where can i see the "total sales" that you mentioned?

• The developers tend to be a little tight lipped about how many aspects of the game work. I suppose that keeps the mystery up. :)

Anyway, Stdok once said that the Sude shows not only what is being sold, it also shows how much is in the warehouses waiting to be sold. I suspect this only includes the export warehouses. Anyway, the shrinking over-supply could just be a reflection of warehouse stocks coming down.

Whether those mechanics are accurate or not, is immaterial. What really matters is what you can sell a car for, and you already know that. Now you also know that there is not a direct correlation between the Sude and the price at which a car will sell.

-Dave
    One-Stroke (slow)
    No-Knots (speed)

• I think a bit of truth is on both HAL and Stroke's answers.

Probably it went like this:
    -More people invented cars, other people ran upgrades, so the global amount of cars increased
    -Next thing that happens: Cars cant be sold for the original price anymore
    -Cars now start piling up in player's warehouses, increasing the market saturation readings in the SuDe
    -In order to get rid of their stockpiled cars, most players lower the price
    -The stockpile of cars shrinks (so the market saturation percentage drops again) but people stick with the low prices

Although I'm in the Team I have never seen the code of the game, but I would't expect too much from knowing how it works. This part of the game is highly dynamic because the players' pricing plays a significant role. It is computed in the WU, not just calculated with a simple formula; this means it's about as predictable as an election ;)